Talk

Advanced search

Won't sleep in Moses basket after night feed.Help!

(8 Posts)
MT2203 Thu 22-Oct-09 04:38:40

My 3 month old boy wakes once during the night which is great. However, once I've fed he will not go back to his Moses basket. Can anyone help or share tips as to how I can get him back in there?? Really worried about building a rod for ourselves when he co-sleeps....help??!!!

cornsilk Thu 22-Oct-09 04:40:23

Put a hot water bottle in the moses basket to keep it warm - check it's not too hot though!

cornsilk Thu 22-Oct-09 04:40:39

(I mean when he's not in it!)

MT2203 Thu 22-Oct-09 08:26:58

Great idea. Thank you, I'll try that tonight.

plumblossom Thu 22-Oct-09 08:31:20

Maybe he's getting a little big for it and feels uncomfortable, my DD was getting harder and harder to settle so I moved her into her cot and she was fine. I think she just wanted more space to move aroundsmile.

NorbertDentressangle Thu 22-Oct-09 08:40:59

You could also try and transfer your "smell" back to the basket with him after his feed.

I used to have the top sheet/blanket on me whilst feeding and winding so when I then tucked them back in the sheet/blanket had my smell.

The warmth trick with the hot water bottle is also a good tip

duende Thu 22-Oct-09 10:55:41

i'm in the same boat but DS is FF so not even the option of falling asleep on the boob anymore. he'll fall asleep on my lap, whilst rocked violently, but wakes up 5 minutes later, or as soon as put in his basket. I'm very tired and getting desperate

12stepmum Mon 26-Oct-09 22:45:16

it takes a baby of this age at least 10 minutes to fall into a deep sleep, if you are going to transfer them into their cot/basket once asleep, always wait at least 10 mins to have any chance of them staying asleep after the transfer. learnt that 1st time round with ds1, (now 3yrs old) from millpond, the sleep clinic people we turned to in desperation when he was about 4 months old. and waking every 20-40 mins...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now