Talk

Advanced search

36wks pregnant and can't sleep - any tips???

(6 Posts)
Tigerlily1 Wed 21-Oct-09 16:14:42

I can not sleep properly and it is making me feel really ill at this late stage!!
DS who is 2 and a half has just started sleeping better and now he's fast asleep while I'm tossing and turning and can't sleep all night! Only 4wks til new baby, I could do with some good nights sleeps, does anyone know any remedies? Pharmacist and midwives say nothing you can take in pregnancy. Help, anyone?? xx

nosferartifartu Wed 21-Oct-09 16:42:06

Are you well supported? I had one of those Dream Genie body pillows when pregnant and it made a huge difference. I also had a lavender pillow as I always find that lavender helps me sleep (some people say not to use the oil when pregnant but dried in a pillow is okay). I also had a hypnobirthing CD which always used to send me to sleep!

HTH

Tigerlily1 Wed 21-Oct-09 16:52:29

Thanks Nosferatifartu - great name by the way, yes I have 2 V pillows and that does help slightly. Have not tried lavender but will do that tonight if I can.
I had a hypnobirthing cd last time and I was all into the idea of a hypnobirth - used to send me to sleep too. Ended up with a hideous emergency caesarean though so don't know how reliable they are for births!!
Will try some lavender and also my midwife said nutmeg in milk so will give that a try too. Just can't wait to get the baby out now!!!

nosferartifartu Wed 21-Oct-09 17:05:17

Haha, I also ended up with a hideous emergency c-section, Tigerlily1, despite listening to that bloody CD for about 25 weeks non-stop!

Lavender definitely worth a try. Someone also gave me a Boots pamper-yourself-when-huge pack - there was a small 'relaxing' spray in it with the usual suspects (lavender, neroli etc.) and I also used to spray that about my pillows liberally. If you're near a bigger Boots, might be worth a look?

You're nearly there! grin

FrameyMcFrame Wed 21-Oct-09 18:13:13

Boots do 'sleep cones' little cones that you stick on to the pressure points in your wrists that are supposed to aid sleep. Work brilliantly for me!

pippa251 Wed 21-Oct-09 20:48:29

I've been there and its crap isn't it?

I found a pillow on each side of me so i could roll without waking myself up was brilliant. A few other things that I did which helped are pint of water by the bed, regular bed time, repacking my hospital bag- always put my mind at ease and a wide open window- a cool room always helps me sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now