Talk

Advanced search

7mo all going wrong

(4 Posts)
aoifesmama Wed 21-Oct-09 10:38:27

Hi all

My lovely DD started almost sleeping through at about 15 weeks - she didnt wake for food, but just for a grizzle and chat, sometimes getting herself off to sleep and sometimes needing me to go in for her to see me, when she would roll on her side and go back to sleep - all fine.

However, over the last few nights she has started SCREAMING after a few minutes of being put down, meaning I am in and out every few minutes. Then when she wakes in the night she will cry until I arrive, be all smiley when I go in and put my hand on her chest, but as soon as I leave the room start crying again. I don't think its hunger, I offered her a feed but although she took some of it was no better than any other time. I am most worried as I start back at work (full time) in just over a week and not sure if I will cope if she continues like this.

Please tell me this is normal and will go away!!! DH said perhaps its just the witching month hmm

nosferartifartu Wed 21-Oct-09 11:28:53

Could she be teething? My DS needs extra reassurance and gets quite clingy when the dreaded gnashers start moving about.

DrCosyTiger Wed 21-Oct-09 15:54:04

Hi Aoifesmama, I'm afraid I don't have any advice but you're not alone! My lovely 7m DD is doing the same. She has been a brilliant sleeper until now which is a bit disappointing. I thought it might be teeth so when she wakes in the night I have been giving her a cuddle and a dose of calprofen and that seems to settle her. Lets hope whatever it is, it is a phase that passes quickly. I went back to work PT 3 weeks ago and getting through the days on broken sleep is a bit grim sad

aoifesmama Wed 21-Oct-09 16:05:26

I thought it might just be a this will pass phase! She is now beginning to cry when being put down for naps and is very clingy, so perhaps a tooth soon!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now