Talk

Advanced search

sleeping on tummy at 9 months (own choice) - is it dangerous?

(5 Posts)
naomilpeb Tue 20-Oct-09 13:44:54

I'm finding that DD, 9 and a half months, is rolling over onto her tummy before she falls asleep. This doesn't usually bother her (if it does, we'll go in and flip her back and help her get settled again) and we usually only find out when we go and check on her about half an hour after she has fallen asleep. So... my question is, is it still dangerous at that age, and if she's done it herself? My worry is that she isn't very good at getting herself back onto her back from her tummy when she's awake, so I'm not sure she could do it if she needed to during the night. Any thoughts / experiences gratefully received!

Carrotfly Tue 20-Oct-09 13:47:42

I'd say no, its fine.

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 20-Oct-09 13:51:01

Message withdrawn

notasausage Tue 20-Oct-09 13:53:26

No it's OK. She will be able to move her head off the matress if she needs to - you'll just have to accept her shouting for help when she wants to move onto her back until she can do it herself! smile

naomilpeb Tue 20-Oct-09 13:58:08

Thank you all very much. To my shame I couldn't remember why they weren't supposed to sleep on their tummies blush, but that makes sense.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now