Talk

Advanced search

What can I do about my nearly 5 yo's new (very) early waking routine?

(6 Posts)
squeaver Mon 19-Oct-09 12:23:38

Dd's always been a good sleeper although a bit of an early riser (but 6.30 - 7's not that early is it?)

Anyway, she recently got a new bed (adult single) and now she's up at 5!

At first we thought she might be cold so have switched to a double duvet tucked down the side so it won't fall off the bed. Also, we've reset the central heating so it's coming on earlier.

When she gets up, she comes through to us, gets sent back to bed then 10 mins later is back with us. Doesn't make any difference if one of us goes back with her and settles her.

She's got one of those bunny light things but just ignores it.

Bed is in a new position (won't fit where the old cot-bed was). Going to bed time hasn't changed - 7.15/7.30/sometimes a bit later. Also she LOVES the bed. Can't wait to get into it at night.

Any thoughts, wise ones?

squeaver Mon 19-Oct-09 15:18:53

bump

BornToFolk Mon 19-Oct-09 15:23:51

Something in the air maybe? DS (just two) has woken at 5.30 and 5.45 am the past couple of mornings. He used to be an early waker (5.30 was quite normal for him) but over the past few weeks has been getting later and later so it was usually between 6.30 and 7am, sometimes even after 7am (he goes to bed at 7pm)

He's happy enough to stay in his cot awake for 30-45 mins but he sings loudly so DP and I can't sleep through it.

Nothing's changed in his routine. We're going to try putting the heat on earlier to see if that helps but his room doesn't feel cold so I don't think that's what's waking him.

Sorry, no solutions, only sympathy!

notyummy Mon 19-Oct-09 15:27:48

Get hardcore with the bunny clock. Nearly 5 - old enough to understand actions/consequences (i.e threats grin). She either amuses herself until the rabbit wakes up or......

I find threatening to eviscerate favourite cuddly toy works a treat on 3 year old dd...

squeaver Mon 19-Oct-09 17:37:10

You're right notyummy. Time to get the thumbscrews out.

squeaver Mon 19-Oct-09 19:54:47

Bump for evening crowd (although notyummy is right)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now