Talk

Advanced search

how many layers clothing for a 20mo who hates grobags and duvets.

(7 Posts)
bamboobutton Sun 18-Oct-09 16:59:20

he really hates having his movement restricted so everytime i try and use a duvet he wakes up crying, i don't bother with grobags anymore as its not worth the screaming.

at the moment we have ds in a 1.2 tog sleep suit with a short sleeved body suit, socks, pyjamas and a thin sweater yet he is always waking up cold.

how many more layers do you think i should use?

our room gets down to about 15c at night at the moment.

BertieBotts Sun 18-Oct-09 17:10:54

How about a fleecy sleepsuit? They do them up to age 3 or 4 in some places. I know my half sister is 4.9 now and last Christmas she had some.

bamboobutton Sun 18-Oct-09 17:17:43

hiya

he is in a fleecy sleepsuit, the website i got it from says it's 1.2tog.

smile

LadyEvenstarsCauldren Sun 18-Oct-09 17:22:00

you sure he is not too hot? seems an awful lot of layers for a 20m old tbh.

ds2 (2yrs) has his pjs if i am lucky enough that he has kept them on! and his quilt.

pipWereRabbit Sun 18-Oct-09 17:22:11

Could his cot be in a draught? Perhaps some sort of cot bumper would reduce the chill?

bamboobutton Sun 18-Oct-09 17:34:42

possible on the draught but we have a really small 1 bed house and we can only fit his cot next to our bed.

deffo not too hot, he climbs into our bed at 4am and his back and chest feel very cold.

i'll add an extra pj top and see how that goes tonight.

pipWereRabbit Sun 18-Oct-09 17:52:49

Well a cot bumper would not take up any additional space, but would help with the draught.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now