Talk

Advanced search

Sleeping on his tummy...is it ok?

(6 Posts)
Pheebe Sat 11-Jun-05 20:09:04

Hello all, ds is just over 8 months and for the last few weeks has been settling himself to sleep (very proud of him!). I'm a bit concerned though that every night when I check on him he's on his tummy. I've been turning him onto his back but I have no idea if he's going back on his tummy through the night. Should I be concerned? He's sleeping in a grobag and can roll around with no problems. Any thought gratefully received ta

jessicasmummy Sat 11-Jun-05 20:10:58

i think once they can roll both ways on their own, leave them to it! dd has been sleeping on her tummy since the same age. HTH

pindy Sat 11-Jun-05 20:12:37

yes - if they can roll over there is nothing you can do - so don't worry. dd always went to sleep on her tummy and still does at 13 (years not months!!!) ds sleeps on his back and always has done (now 11).

pindy Sat 11-Jun-05 20:13:06

years not months again!!!

NotQuiteCockney Sat 11-Jun-05 20:13:16

jessicasmummy is right. Don't bother turning him, he'll roll himself over if he needs to.

(The tummy-sleeping concern is about cotdeath, and the risk of that decreases quite a bit after 6 months, I think.)

Pheebe Sat 11-Jun-05 20:15:35

Thanks everyone, very reassuring I prefer sleeping on my tummy too so I spose I shouldn't be surprised her does too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: