Talk

Advanced search

Sleeping on his tummy...is it ok?

(6 Posts)
Pheebe Sat 11-Jun-05 20:09:04

Hello all, ds is just over 8 months and for the last few weeks has been settling himself to sleep (very proud of him!). I'm a bit concerned though that every night when I check on him he's on his tummy. I've been turning him onto his back but I have no idea if he's going back on his tummy through the night. Should I be concerned? He's sleeping in a grobag and can roll around with no problems. Any thought gratefully received ta

jessicasmummy Sat 11-Jun-05 20:10:58

i think once they can roll both ways on their own, leave them to it! dd has been sleeping on her tummy since the same age. HTH

pindy Sat 11-Jun-05 20:12:37

yes - if they can roll over there is nothing you can do - so don't worry. dd always went to sleep on her tummy and still does at 13 (years not months!!!) ds sleeps on his back and always has done (now 11).

pindy Sat 11-Jun-05 20:13:06

years not months again!!!

NotQuiteCockney Sat 11-Jun-05 20:13:16

jessicasmummy is right. Don't bother turning him, he'll roll himself over if he needs to.

(The tummy-sleeping concern is about cotdeath, and the risk of that decreases quite a bit after 6 months, I think.)

Pheebe Sat 11-Jun-05 20:15:35

Thanks everyone, very reassuring I prefer sleeping on my tummy too so I spose I shouldn't be surprised her does too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now