Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

PLEASE help! Am going INSANE! 3yr old DS suddenly wakes every hr or so.....

(8 Posts)
LadyOfTheFlowers Tue 13-Oct-09 21:55:28

Ds2 who has just turned 3 for the past week, has been waking up almost hourly for no apparent reason.

He wakes, then just lies in his bed crying, sometimes loudly, sometimes quietly but for ages so we can't even ignore it.

He is not ill, not in pain - so he says - is not too hot/cold, is comfy....

I am newly preg and this is really doing me in - he wakes the other 2 aswell.

Any suggestions please? I know other people have years of problems and mine has only been a week, but it seems much longer. I have never really had such probs before - only with DS1 but they cleared up by 12 months.

They went to bed at 7 and he has woken twice in the last 20 mins crying which has woken DS3 up who is now crying.

DH got up 4 times to him last night and I got up 6 times.
I wake up feeling hung over, I fall asleep in the afternoon and as a result was late to pick kids up from school which resulted in DS1 crying thinking I had forgotten him. blush

ChunkyMonkeysMum Tue 13-Oct-09 22:02:02

Does he know you're pg ? Could this maybe be a reaction to the pregnancy ? Maybe he's feeling a bit threatened.

LadyOfTheFlowers Tue 13-Oct-09 22:03:48

No I have not told them yet. Will be 14 weeks on Thursday but as I am not showing I haven't bothered to tell them.

ChunkyMonkeysMum Tue 13-Oct-09 22:06:35

Ok, so it's definitely not that then hmm

What does he say when you ask him why he is crying ?

As a child, I suffered from night terrors and had my parents up numerous times through the night. Could this be the problem do you think ?

LadyOfTheFlowers Tue 13-Oct-09 22:10:38

I have just settled DS3 back down and he is at it again. hmm
I am very hormonal obviously and could just ball my eyes out.

Sometimes he needs a drink, sometimes there is nothing wrong with him, the best one last night was 'all the ice cream is gone!', sometimes nothing at all - he just cries.

DS1 sometimes has terrors and he sits up in bed and is almost screaming, is rigid and sweaty and can't 'see' me.

I am going to put him in my bed now, see if that works....

GentleOtter Tue 13-Oct-09 22:13:37

Try putting one of your jumpers/ a nightie in beside him (in his own cot) so he is comforted by your smell.

LadyOfTheFlowers Tue 13-Oct-09 22:19:04

Will try that one tomorrow Otter, or possibly later on - he is in my bed now.

As I began to lift him he jumped to his feet and gave me a big kiss.... hmm

Think he might be being slightly cheeky with it. I don't think the whole thing is him playing up, but maybe he is playing up a little?

He settled straight down in my bed.

If he now stays asleep till I go up, could it be a comfort/security thing? He didn't ask to go in there - I told he was going in there. (I don't want him to wake the others again)
When I go up, I will put him back in his own bed - this method has worked with DS1 in the past - once put back in his own bed, i wouldn't hear from him again after a stint in our bed.

GentleOtter Wed 14-Oct-09 11:25:12

How did you get on last night, LadyOfTheFlowers ? Did you and your little boy have a settled sleep ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now