Talk

Advanced search

Any insomniacs about? Have you managed to curb you wakefullness?Tips for me?

(6 Posts)
Megglevache Sun 11-Oct-09 22:31:32

I'd love any tips.

I seem to fall asleep with iplayer or ipod switched on. I wish I could fall into a deep sleep naturally- I seem to have so much on my mind that I cannot switch off.

I'm so tired most mornings and grumpy too.

I can rarely get to sleep before 12.30am and wake at about 6am.

I've tried the lavendar,tablets (natural)Homeopathy,music etc.

Has anyone managed to change their habits at all.

I'd be really grateful of any advice.

Hulla Wed 14-Oct-09 14:23:59

Meg, have you tried relaxation cds? I had horrible insomnia when I was pg. I got a hypnobirthing relaxtion cd and never ever made it to the end.

Obviously I wouldn't suggest a hypnobirthing one if your not pg but any other type shouold do it.

I hope you find something because insomnia is dreadful.

Beauregard Wed 14-Oct-09 14:28:36

Have you tried Valerina tablets?

Also sleeping with a fan on helps(white noise)

Sympathies

Beauregard Wed 14-Oct-09 14:29:09

Also you can buy a pillow with a speaker in it

sagan Wed 14-Oct-09 14:33:28

You know, there are instances where I really really recommend takign insomnia to the GP. WHen I thought about how much sleep I was getting, and realised it was only about 3 or 4 hours a night, he was horrified, and it has also made my anxiety much worse. By the time I went to the doctor I was a complete state and was put on trazodone which is an anti-anxiety med that also works for insomnia. It has been a godsend, even though I worry what will happen when I stop taking it, just to be able to get in the habit of sleeping again has made such a positive difference to my life. I think natural remedies can only go so far tbh, esp if it is worries that are keeping you awake. I have been referred for CBT to help with insomnia and anxiety, would you go for anything like that?

Megglevache Wed 14-Oct-09 22:39:52

hello again.

Thanks for your kind suggestions, I have ried the relaxation cd's and yes they are hypnobirth ones grin

Valerian tablets haven't worked, I am wondering whether to see the doc or not.

sad i am a wreck, even my eye twitches now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now