Talk

Advanced search

Any ideas for my beautiful velcro baby??

(5 Posts)
Cassidycat Tue 06-Oct-09 22:40:19

I have a wonderful 10w baby who has a magic inbuilt sensor that is able to tell if you move more than 20cm away from him!! Even when asleep his eyes instantly spring open, his bottom lip starts to wobble and within seconds he's crying sad. Calms within a couple of mins if picked up and reassured, sleeps ok in sling or on your lap. Co-sleeps ok too but goes into melt down if in situations where is not held - such as in pram or car seat!!

Have tried pick up/calm/put down and a sort of gradual retreat method without any sucess. He does not calm by sushing or putting a hand on him.

On one hand it's wonderful to have a little one sleep on you and I know that this stage does not last for ever but he is showing no signs of growing out of this and it's so difficult to get things done, especially with a 3 year ols as well.

Any ideas /feedback/ reassurance would be much appreciated (I know that there is a wealth of experiance here!!!

biglips Wed 07-Oct-09 19:48:57

congrats on your baby. Have you tried a sling to have that closeness for the first few weeks/months?

Ewe Wed 07-Oct-09 19:50:07

What about an Amby Natures Nest for nap and sleep times?

Aranea Wed 07-Oct-09 19:52:45

Have you tried cranial osteopathy to make sure he isn't just uncomfortable?

treacletart Wed 07-Oct-09 21:08:12

A sling will change your life. I used one of these with dd. It was fantastic. It really helped in the early months, didn't use a buggy at all until she was 6 months. She was so happy in her little bag and it really helped us to fit in to her elder brother's school run routine easily too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now