Talk

Advanced search

HELP! 2 nights ago I lay next to dS3 in his bed during the night as he was unwell, last night.....

(2 Posts)
alwayslookingforanswers Sun 04-Oct-09 20:22:01

he screamed for a "huggy" at bedtime and I relented and lay next to him until he fell asleep. Both of these were because he was under the weather and I wasn't up to doing anything other than lying next to him.

He's always been a good sleeper, infact I've never had to sit/lie with any of the DS's to go to sleep.

I've just put him upstairs to sleep and he's screaming for a "huggy" again.

I really REALLY can't get him into the habit of needing someone to lie with him. There's too much going on to start getting into that routine and I know he's always been perfectly capable of going to sleep on his own.

What do I do???

(and apologies for the attention seeking title but it's kind of urgent as I've just been up to him once to give him a hug and left him but he's still screaming and I'm not sure how to solve it)

sitdownpleasegeorge Mon 05-Oct-09 15:09:32

Well, I had use bribery in the end and promise a new toy if ds1 let me leave the room before he was asleep for a whole week.

I used to sit in a chair by the bed before I decided that he really needed to be able to settle himself.

After a week he was fine and he knew I wasn't far away as I always popped back to rearrange the duvet after he had drifted off and picked up whatever cuddly toy had fallen out of bed.

It really is worth nipping this in the bud now so that he gets good sleep habits and can re-settle himself if he wakes in the night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now