Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else dreading the clocks changing?

(20 Posts)
jamandjerusalem Sun 04-Oct-09 10:23:56

I am

DS is 2 and wakes at 6am every day. By the end of the month that'll be 5am. Argh!

ABetaDad Sun 04-Oct-09 10:39:33

I am looking forward to it. At least our cockerel will be waking up after me.

Sad obsessive git confession: I am also looking forward to carefully synchronisng the 20 or so digital and analogue clocks in our house so they all show _exactly the same time.

OmicronPersei8yourbrain Sun 04-Oct-09 10:42:14

grin ABetaDad

Hassled Sun 04-Oct-09 10:43:48

When does it happen?

It usually takes me at least a week to manage to get all the clocks put right.

sayanything Sun 04-Oct-09 10:53:02

Me. Every year.

I don't do mornings, never have and I do feel that half the population who are morning people are oppressing the other half, the night owls.

PlumBumMum Sun 04-Oct-09 10:56:51

When?

Hassled Sun 04-Oct-09 10:58:54

ound it - 25th October - so not long now

GentleOtter Sun 04-Oct-09 11:03:56

Oh. I really do not like the dark nights and we have loooong winters here. sad

Dh refuses to change his clocks so endless confusion until spring.<married to a Luddite emoticon>

Frrrightattendant Sun 04-Oct-09 11:14:37

There is still the same amount of darkness though if you think about it.

i hate it getting darker in winter, makes me scared, depressed and miserable, but it doesn't make much odds which end of the day it is.

Is there a place in the world where it is not so extremely dark in winter? Or more light all year round?

I want to move there.

ABetaDad Sun 04-Oct-09 15:12:32

Gentle - you are married to a farmer. My Dad used to get up at dawn (whenever that was at any given time of year) and we only had one clock in the house which typically also never ever changed. grin

seb1 Sun 04-Oct-09 15:18:00

I hate waking the kids for school when its dark, DD2 says "Can't be time to get up its dark", and doing the school run back when it is nearly dark depressing isn't it

GentleOtter Sun 04-Oct-09 18:21:33

Dh has a clock in his car and although we have two in the house, one has not had a battery for years and the other is correct twice a day.grin
Farmers just seem to know what time it is. Oddly, we have never been late for appointments so his system works.

CybilLiberty Sun 04-Oct-09 18:23:45

No, I'm not dreading it but I AM dreading seeing my Mum afterwards as every year she has an attack of the vapours and says how the time change has 'really taken it out of her' and how exhausted she is.

hmm

makealist Sun 04-Oct-09 18:34:02

Phew, just checked my work rota and luckily I'm not on this time.
I work night shifts and the extra hour was a killer last year!

TheMysticMasseuse Sun 04-Oct-09 18:44:10

i find that it takes a couple of days/ a week and then my early rising dds sort of adjust. i hate it because i hate afternoons disappearing which is what it feels like- it'll be dark at 4.30 in just over a month

jamandjerusalem Mon 05-Oct-09 11:48:38

That is a dreadful thought, mystic. Oh, roll on Christmas...

MrsJamin Thu 15-Oct-09 18:42:53

Ah I knew it was not just me dreading the clocks going back. Nearly-2 DS is waking at 5am on average ATM - and I can't get him to go to bed any later than 6pm. In 2 weeks time this will be going to bed at 5pm and up at 4am! Argh.

Is anyone else going to try to get their DCs to stay up so it won't be such a big adjustment on the 25th?

PuppyMonkey Thu 15-Oct-09 18:52:24

No your ds will probably still wake at 6am as you will be putting him to bed an hour later the night before.

I think...

Perhaps...

Erm

DD always sleeps loads longer in winter cos it is so dark. I love it me.

3littlefrogs Thu 15-Oct-09 18:59:19

I am. I find it very hard to get up in the pitch dark.

It will be worse this year as dd has started secondary school and goes on the bus. Of course - in common with all the schools round here, the compulsory school uniform coat is plain black. One of her class mates has already been hit by a car, and it isn't even that dark yet.sad

MrsJamin Thu 15-Oct-09 20:49:42

That's awful, 3littlefrogs. Can they wear any reflective clothing band things or are they totally uncool?

I've been getting up in the dark with DS for some weeks now. A cup of tea and 'beebies makes it bearable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now