Talk

Advanced search

I've ditched the dummy last night.....wooweeeee! D2 11 months.

(4 Posts)
hayleybop Sat 03-Oct-09 20:18:55

Just telling everyone who is interested that I ditched the dummy last night...bit of a sleepless night but isnt everynight! Bring on tonight...She settled well tonight without boob or dummy...
she is 11 months...Also did naps without them today which were a little bit harder but with success. She slept longer with her naps, two naps for over a hour each!!...

DLI Sat 03-Oct-09 21:20:42

well done, hope it goes well,

MunkiMom Sat 10-Oct-09 09:57:18

Hiya, I'm interested to know how it's been going for you and the little one without the dummy since the first day/night's try. My 12month DS takes the dummy (which is new for me as my 3yr old DS never had interest.) DS2 seems to well & truly yearn for it.

And I have a friend whos 3.4 year old still uses the dummy even while out and about on the streets, etc. This isn't me "knocking" any other parents who allow it because i know what may work for some,and all that. But for me personally, i just don't like how it looks for my child and i'm interested in how you went about taking it off yours...

grin

hayleybop Sat 10-Oct-09 20:17:31

Well not good to be honest, the next day she was really ill with a temperature and I was up all night so guessed it was teething so I popped it back in, going to do it again in a few days when I've had some good night sleeps, my Dd1 is also teething so up for both of them. DD1 never had one also. Personally I hate the things and wish I never let her use it....
Dont despair though it was easy the night I tryed it....well I was up alot but she settled without it, think it will take a few nights of this but I am willing to do this rather than have a dummy till she is 3. She only has it for naps and bedtime. I dont let them leave the cot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now