Talk

Advanced search

Toddler snoring loudly and waking up

(4 Posts)
Lucky13 Thu 01-Oct-09 23:40:40

My DD is nearly 2 and i have noticed recently that her snoring is getting worse over the last few weeks (or even longer).

This evening i can hear her snoring from the next room! I've been to sit with her as she keeps waking and i have noticed that she often appears to stop breathing for quite a few seconds.

She doesn't have a cold or any infection that i'm aware of, she does have a dairy allergy, but hasn't had any dairy for months now.

I had adenoid and tonsil problems as a child, but DD has never had any problems at all.

Should i be concerned, is this sleep apnea or am i just stupidly over-reacting?

BoysAreLikeDogs Thu 01-Oct-09 23:43:22

I would get to the doctor, tell them what you have told us

ches Fri 02-Oct-09 01:51:30

It could be sleep apnoea, yes. If your doctor doesn't take you seriously you can record her sleeping and time the periods of not breathing.

bisbis Sat 03-Oct-09 11:00:00

My son had a floppy larynx when he was a baby, he's now 15 months.....he used to snore really loudly, had periods of time when he wont breath and as a result wake himself up, i was really worried at this point but he has gotten so much better, doesnt snore anymore although his breathing when he's concentrating or excited can be louder than than normal.

I went to see the dr when i suspected sleep apnea so i think you should too just to be safe....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now