Talk

Advanced search

4.5 m/o rolling in sleep - do I need to turn back?

(5 Posts)
thenameiwantedwastaken Wed 30-Sep-09 15:08:23

We've just moved our 4.5 month old DD (and, yes, PFB!) into her big cot. She's getting on well but a few times has rolled over onto her side/front in sleep and got her legs stuck between the cot bars.

Have been trying to follow all cot death guidelines so have been turning her back onto her back (and sometimes incidentally waking her).

Does anyone know at what age I can stop bothering and just let her get on with it?

She's a good roller both ways but I guess when she ends up with her legs through the bars that will restrict her going back onto her back by herself...

Knickers0nmahead Wed 30-Sep-09 15:13:00

I think as soon as they can roll over themselves it's ok to leave them. I did with both dcs and dd still loves sleeping on her front.

burtie2u Wed 30-Sep-09 16:16:00

My DS also rolled over about that age and it worried me sick, I kept rolling him back. But a friend said if he can roll over just leave him, so I did and he still sleeps on his front, but now with his bum up in the air! He's now 11 months.
Also if your worried about feet through the bars you could try a sleeping bag.

thenameiwantedwastaken Wed 30-Sep-09 22:15:35

Yeah, maybe I should just stop worrying about it - she has always hated being on her back to play/for cuddles in arms etc so I think she will be a front-sleeper in the end. Good suggestion re sleeping bag, will give it a go...

cfc Thu 01-Oct-09 20:14:58

Bumpers too are good, all the way along the spars for us! Though just checked on him and he's hugging one (rollseyes!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now