Talk

Advanced search

reintroduce 2 naps to 14month old? help

(4 Posts)
mama2leah Tue 29-Sep-09 12:33:58

my dd always is too sleepy too have lunch at 12, and today fell asleep in her booster seat...

should i reintroduce 2 naps a day for her? she naps in the afternoon for about 2hrs, very broken, i have to keep putting her back to sleep.

at night, sleep is pot, she wakes up far to many times to remember, i end up bringing her in my bad..i also have a 8 week old dd

mears Tue 29-Sep-09 12:38:54

At 14 months my children still had 2 naps a day. She will probably sleep better at night if she has more day sleep.

So I would put her down for an hour at least in the morning.

Why do you have to keep going to her in the afternoon? Is she crying? Do you have a double buggy? Can you get out for a walk and she may sleep then?

Mind you I put baby in sling and walked with 15 month old in buggy sometimes

mama2leah Tue 29-Sep-09 15:15:17

i have to keep goin to her at the night...daytime once so she moves into our bed.
lots of bad habits blush

what time do u put ur kids to nap?
im going to do it tmw

Seona1973 Tue 29-Sep-09 19:41:33

when dd and ds started dropping their morning nap (around 11 months) they either had lunch early e.g. 11.30am (and then put straight for a nap around 12pm or just after) or I gave them a snack mid-morning and they had lunch when they woke up e.g. around 2pm. Some days they had 2 naps and some day they had 1 depending on how tired they seemed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now