Talk

Advanced search

2 year old nap pattern...what is yours?

(14 Posts)
bumbly Sun 27-Sep-09 22:10:05

and when do you know when to stop naps?

mine naps 3-5/6 then bed 9ish

MegBusset Sun 27-Sep-09 22:16:42

DS1 has just more or less dropped his at 2.7. He went into a bed six weeks ago and was napping in it fine until we went on a caravan holiday -- he flat out refused to stay in bed in the daytime and hasn't had a proper nap since.

A couple of times a week he will doze off in the buggy or on the sofa. I put CBeebies on for an hour at lunchtime as it's the only way to get him to have a rest!

The plus side is that he goes to bed at 7pm and is out like a night. (Previously he could still be awake by 9.)

ilovetochat Sun 27-Sep-09 22:20:22

dd 2.2 naps 2-4 every day. i wake her at 4 if she is still asleep. she doesnt sleep till 9 either.
people keep teeling me she is too old to nap but its the only time i get anything done and she asks for her cot.

bumbly Sun 27-Sep-09 22:22:43

too old nap? really is that the consensus

surely some 2 year old still nap???

well at least our two follow a similar pattern and i need the nap as much as little one

ilovetochat Sun 27-Sep-09 22:27:28

naptime is my favourite time of day grin
all dds "friends" who are 2-3 have dropped their naps and now sleep longer at night but they apparently just stopped napping themselves.

ilovetochat Sun 27-Sep-09 22:28:04

and all the toddler groups seem to meet in the afternoons so dd misses activities.

hf128219 Sun 27-Sep-09 22:31:15

My dd is 20 months old. She slept for 30 mins today and 40 mins yesterday - between 1/2pm.

She goes out like a lamb at 7.30pm and wakes up at 7.30am.

bumbly Mon 28-Sep-09 14:55:50

sleeping now but how do i know he he needs it or i should stop it go full day?

someitme she naps one hour someitmes 4

so must still need it sure;y?

but a 4 hour nap means he goes to bed 9:30 but then still sleeps 10 hours no matter what time goes down!

argh!!!!!!

ilovetochat Mon 28-Sep-09 15:08:20

dd is asleep too grin
i presume she needs it as she gets quiet, lies down, asks for her cot and bumps into everything, if i dont put her in her cot she cries and starts being silly.
i dont let her have longer than 2 hours though or she wont sleep at night. (unless she is ill)
our LOs sound like they like their sleep smile

bumbly Mon 28-Sep-09 15:10:38

yes he does but see my other thread since cold screams when put him down at night - never happened before

but thatis another story!

BornToFolk Mon 28-Sep-09 15:13:22

DS is nearly two and sleeps from 12.30 until 2.30-3pm at home, less at nursery. We never let him sleep past 3pm. He goes to bed at 7pm and is up at 6.30am most days.

I'll encourage naps for as long as he'll have them, he's a little monster when tired!

ilovetochat Mon 28-Sep-09 15:14:20

dd has just started getting scared by things and if she has seen anything on the tv it plays on her mind at night, like numberjacks which is now banned in our house, we also have to reassure her there is nothing in the curtains etc. do you think he is scared of being alone, i think there imaginations are wild at this age.

lynniep Mon 28-Sep-09 15:14:36

DS 2.6 and in the midst of a nap-dropping situation. His nap was 11.30 til 1ish before this happened. Now if he does nap its a bit later, maybe 1 till 2.30.

I have always cut short his nap. If I dont he wont go to bed till late. He gets no longer than an hour and a half, or two at the weekend.

BulletProofMum Mon 28-Sep-09 15:15:12

DS2 is 2.4 - he naps for about an hour at nursery at 12. At home I can't get him to slepp since he moved into a bed rather than cot a couple of months ago unless he falls asleep in the car.

DS 1 (4.9) loves an afternoon kip and is really hard to keep awake all afternoon (won't go to bed if he sleeps after 3).

A 4 hour nap int eh afternoon - wow - I dream of such things!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now