Talk

Advanced search

my 4mnth old only falls asleep attatached to my boob,day & night

(3 Posts)
beansy Thu 24-Sep-09 14:02:04

Aaah! my lovely 4mnth old will only fall asleep on my boob. she is my second baby and I feel like I'm doing it all wrong. no pattern to feeding, is a snacker, feeds all the time for short periods, is quite sickly & i want to start putting her down in a cot now. any tips?

ChocOrange05 Thu 24-Sep-09 22:54:14

DS was a boob-to-sleep baby at the beginning so when he was about 10 weeks old I started trying to stop this, basically I started putting him down in his cot once he'd fallen asleep and I would do something that would stir him so he knew I was leaving but not so he would wake up completely IYSWIM? And then I would gradually start putting him down less and less awake.

I also tried to disassociate food with sleep (apart from his bedtime feed) by not feeding him just before naps, instead I used a nap routine as a sleep cue; nappy, story, light show in his cot. Of course it wasn't that easy grin - he didn't like it at first so I would sit by his cot and rub his tummy and say shhh and after about 4 weeks of this (sometimes for 30mins (max!) and sometimes only a few mins) he started smiling at me when he went down for his naps!!! It certainly wasn't easy but it was worth it, although if you have another DC at home in the day it could be difficult.

I hope this helps!

ChocOrange05 Thu 24-Sep-09 22:57:23

Sorry I make that sound really simple and unintentionally a bit dismissive and it wasn't supposed to be that way its just DH is calling me to bed, if you're interested in more I can explain tomorrow. blush

Aghh, the internet is so rubbish for getting across your point sometimes!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now