Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Travel Cots

(10 Posts)
Mistymoo Mon 21-Sep-09 17:14:50

Do you think it is OK to use a travel cot as a cot permanently for a baby? I was wondering as I am pregnant with dc3 and we got rid of our cot bed a while ago (we weren't planning any more at the time) but still have the travel cot.

Mistymoo Mon 21-Sep-09 21:20:31

bumping for evening crowd

pippel Mon 21-Sep-09 21:27:45

I have some vague memory of being told that you cant, but I dont see why not unless they just aren't very comfortable

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 21-Sep-09 21:30:04

I wouldn't as they're so low and I find tem hard on my back, also the mattress is so thin that I can't imagine it would be that comfy for a lo in the long term.

We got our cot off e-bay. It's a cosatto one with the balls in either end, in perfect condition and cost us £30. Might be worth a look?

Mistymoo Mon 21-Sep-09 21:34:34

Thanks for replies. I was also thinking of it as a space saver but will probably end up getting a cot. Once friends know I'm pregnant there may be offers of cots etc anyway so I'm not worrying too much. It was just a thought I had when I had my neice to stay recently.

inzidoodle Mon 21-Sep-09 21:34:47

I think it would be possible if you had a normal matress, the travel cot ones are to thin and I dont think it would be good for permanent use. cant think why it wouldnt eo with a good matress though.

pippel Mon 21-Sep-09 21:36:20

a normal matress wouldnt fit though would it?
my travel cots a diffrent size and shape to my cot

hairtwiddler Mon 21-Sep-09 21:54:41

Think you can get mattresses that fit travel cot for extra padding. Tried kiddicare?

bearhug Tue 22-Sep-09 08:52:21

My DS has slept in one ever since he grew out of his crib. No space for a cot in our bedroom, and no spare room for a nursery until we move house.

Travel cot mattresses are way too hard to sleep on. There are a couple of ebay shops that make travel cot mattresses to fit. All makes of travel cots are a different size.

They are not cheep though and you may well be able to pick up a second hand cot for less money.

Mistymoo Tue 22-Sep-09 12:37:22

Thanks everyone. Still got a while to think about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now