Talk

Advanced search

how long do toddler beds last?

(10 Posts)
littlesthobo Sun 20-Sep-09 15:45:04

Would be grateful for advice - we're going to be needing DS1's cot for new baby come January, and in any case it's time he graduated to a bigger bed. He's 2.5, tallish for his age, so I'm dawdling before buying a toddler bed. How long do they last, on average, before children need something bigger again?

corblimeymadam Sun 20-Sep-09 15:48:01

Message withdrawn

aGalChangedHerName Sun 20-Sep-09 15:50:47

My dd1 is just 5 and pretty tall and still fits comfortably in hers. No way i'll be able to fit 2 full singles in the dd's room so both in toddler beds and when dd1 is too big for it i will buy bunk beds.

throckenholt Sun 20-Sep-09 15:53:41

until they are about 110-120 cm tall - in my case my 6.5 old getting towards needing a bigger bed.

If I were you I would check his height on the centile charts and see what sort of age he will likely be that height.

Seona1973 Sun 20-Sep-09 16:04:20

both dd and ds went into full size single beds - dd at just under 2 and ds at 2 1/2.

frasersmummy Sun 20-Sep-09 16:17:41

we had a full size single divan and we just moved ds from cot around 2.5 straight into the divan.

We put a long wooden storage box along side with pillows on top so that

a)if he fell out he had a soft landing

and

b)he could climb in and out

He is now 4.5 and he has fallen out 5 times maximum

littlesthobo Sun 20-Sep-09 21:50:01

Thanks for all thoughts - definitely swaying towards full-size single now I think! Will look around at what safety gear can be added to prevent falls.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

abouteve Sun 20-Sep-09 21:52:53

Not long, I would go straight to a normal single if I had the chance again.

suwoo Sun 20-Sep-09 21:53:05

I had to move my DD into the box room when DS2 came along. A normal bed doesn't fit in so she has a toddler bed- she is nearly 8 grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now