Talk

Advanced search

Baby sleeps through... Toddler wakes 4 times a night!

(6 Posts)
MegBusset Sun 20-Sep-09 09:18:07

DS1 (2.7) has been waking 3+ times a night since going into a bed two months ago. Sometimes he's still half-asleep but screaming (night terrors?), sometimes he just wants tucking in, but if left he quickly gets hysterical and wakes DS2 (4mo).

Luckily DS2 sleeps through most nights but getting up to DS1 is knackering and on the nights when they both wake it's a killer.

Anyone got experience of night waking at this age? Please tell me it's a phase and will pass soon...

MegBusset Sun 20-Sep-09 15:37:31

Bump

bronzebeard Sun 20-Sep-09 15:39:26

Im in the same sort of position so will watch with interest

MegBusset Sun 20-Sep-09 19:46:02

Bump again -- surely it can't just be us two?

StrictlySazz Sun 20-Sep-09 19:49:46

No me too grinhmm

DD1 (2.10) wakes 3-4 times a night and then DD2 (13months) wakes at 6.15am. It is a killer, BUT i know it is only a phase so we are just trying to get through. I usually get up for DD1 and then DH gets up in the morning and takes DD2 upstairs.

DD1 went into a bed at 18 months and used to wake a few times but she got much better IIRC after about 3 months or so, that was until we took her out of nappies. I am hoping her bladder will toughen up soon and we will all get some more sleep

Good luck smile

whenwillisleepagain Mon 21-Sep-09 09:26:44

Not sure if this is beginning of same thing for us... but have not had enough sleep to be rational today. DS is 2.10 months and we just got back from a week's holiday. Last night was not good - he has been an ok (ish) sleeper for last year, but was waking lots on holiday. Last night he woke screaming at midnight and I we couldn't get him back to sleep till nearly 4. I couldn't tell if it was nightmare - he was inconsolable to start with and talked about a lion in his room, or if due to being back home - also he's got a cold and is very blocked up, so could be all three. He was breathing so fast for so long that DH & I were worried about him in that 2am sort of a way when you start imagining all sorts (or is that just us?). I did spend the early hours of the morning reading books on toddler nightmares and night terrors - not sure I am any the wiser.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now