Talk

Advanced search

another sleep thread sorry!

(9 Posts)
charleepeters Sun 05-Jun-05 15:03:20

ds has slept through from 6 months and has always wake between 6 - 7.30 but the last couple of nights hes been waking at 4am for a bottle im not sure why as nothings changes, i was wondering if maybe i need to up his solids a bit now hes getting older??? also he used to be put down awake at 7pm play for a bit with his mobile then settle himself to sleep now as soon as i leave to room he screams the place down untill i get him up, then hes fine and happy and smiling, hes not going to bed untill about 9pm at the moment and still waking at 4am anyone elses do this to???
hes 9 motnhs by the way. x

ScrewballMuppet Sun 05-Jun-05 15:10:10

I would up his solids.
When my two won't sleep at night especially when they were younger I found making sure that they were full up before going to bed helped them to sleep especially for them to sleep longer aswell. Worked most of time and even now. If ds1 who is 4 hasn't eaten much throught the day he struggles to get to sleep at night. Unless they are ill and there sleep pattern goes out the window.
Are his glands up under his neck?

SenoraPostrophe Sun 05-Jun-05 15:14:57

it's probably the late nights that are waking him early as he's getting overtired.

dd went through phases of screaming at bedtime, it passes, but I think you have to stop getting him up. Sitting with him and shushing him until he goes to sleep might work, or you might need to leave him to cry for a bit (that's what I did with dd - worked after a couple of nights).

charleepeters Sun 05-Jun-05 15:16:11

no there no up, i have tried not getting him up and tryong comgorting him in his cot but he shrieks and kick about alot.

ScrewballMuppet Sun 05-Jun-05 15:23:05

Does he sleep long in the daytime? or does he have naps late in the afternoon?

SenoraPostrophe Sun 05-Jun-05 15:24:32

...because he knows that if he does that you'll get him up?

It might be something else - possibly a knock on effect of getting up so early. If it was my ds I'd give him an extra nap in the day and then put him down to bed about an hour later than usual to see if that gets the routine going again. If that didn't work then i'd leave him to cry. God i'm hard, aren't I?

charleepeters Sun 05-Jun-05 15:25:21

not really he has 2 naps a day one at about 9am and one about 3pm they last about 1hr each time. hes een so clingy aswell im not sure why. nothings changed with his rutine. and there nothing physically wrong with him when i put him down becasue hes fine if i get him up again he just doest want me to leave him but hes never worried about it before.

charleepeters Sun 05-Jun-05 15:26:51

we got him to sleep through in the first place by letting him cry it only ever took about 30mins for him to drop off and he ever only used to gry but now he literally screams and doesnt stop for ages!

SenoraPostrophe Sun 05-Jun-05 15:36:30

leaving to cry does take longer the second time. Also once you've gone back in and got him back up once, he knows that he just has to cry for long enough and you'll be there

If he's only having an hour in the afternoon I definitely think the problem is overtiredness. ds had a similar sleep pattern at that age (but only started sleeping through at 9 months) and I remember his night sleeping improved when I cut the first nap to half an hour so that the afternoon nap would be longer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now