Talk

Advanced search

19 month old screaming the house down at bedtime

(6 Posts)
Jan9ne Wed 16-Sep-09 21:10:48

My 19 month DD has, until now, been a wonderful sleeper. Over the past week instead of saying 'nightnightseeyouindamornin' she screams and shouts 'mummy, mummy' over and over. I go in at intervals and try and settle her. Eventually, after 90 mins she falls asleep out of sheer exhaustion. The whole thing starts up again at about 2 in the morning. She's not unwell and is a cheerful happy little girl generally. Any advice gladly received!!
By the way, sometimes as we are so tired, we relent and bring her into our room. (We both work.) I know that this is a big no-no.

emkana Wed 16-Sep-09 21:12:45

I don't think that's a no-no at all. I think it's in fact exactly what she needs at the moment.

CharCharGabor Wed 16-Sep-09 21:15:27

Teething? I agree that it's not a no-no. Sometimes they need you close and you need to do whatever it takes to maximise sleep for all. It won't 'spoil' her or anything smile

Jan9ne Wed 16-Sep-09 21:21:06

Thanks for your swift responses! I think it could be teething actually as she is off her food a bit at the moment. The thing with the sharing the bed thing is that i'm thinking when i put her down at 7.30 she's thinking about how much she wants to be in bed with us....
I am currently mis-carrying. I have been very calm about it around her but do they pick up on things perhaps???

CharCharGabor Wed 16-Sep-09 21:23:37

Sorry to hear that, Jan9ne. I think they do sometimes pick up on our emotions, however ard we try to hide them. I could be nothing to do with it though, they're funny little things and change with the wind smile Be kind to yourselves, do whatever's easiest and fix it in the future if it doesn't fix itself (which is likely).

Jan9ne Wed 16-Sep-09 21:28:00

Thanks CharChar - we probably do need to cut ourselves a bit of slack at the moment. Not so easy when we start ttc again if there's 3 in the bed though! Oh well, we'll have to have some early nights!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now