Talk

Advanced search

Whats you 15MO's daytime naps like?

(11 Posts)
TettyLouBar Wed 16-Sep-09 15:32:37

Hi there, just want a general idea of what your LO's are doing, how much they sleep during day and when. DD is at an awkward stage where I cant seem to judge when to put her down to nap.

I either seem to put her down too soon and she plays in her cot and refuses to sleep or i miss the window and she gets over tired and cant shut down. Its effecting her night time sleep (usually sleeps through) and I was up until 2:30am last night as just as I was getting into bed at 10pm, she woke and wouldnt resettle at all. sad

PurlyQueen Wed 16-Sep-09 15:43:12

I put my son in his cot after lunch and with a clean nappy. It has taken him up to 30 minutes to sleep but he knows now that after lunch is nap time (and Mummy's quiet time grin).

PurlyQueen Wed 16-Sep-09 15:44:22

My son is 18 months old. He generally sleeps for an hour, but occasionally he has slept for three without it affecting his night-time sleep (he normally sleeps through).

FlouryBap Wed 16-Sep-09 15:50:13

My DD is 16 months. at about 13 months or so she dropped her morning nap and we had a bit of an adjustment period. However, now she falls asleep anytime between 11 and 12 and if in bed will sleep for about 2 hours. Out and about will sleep for about an hour.

NaptimeRocks Thu 17-Sep-09 12:53:58

DS is just 15 months old and we're moving from two naps to one now. It's a bit of a gamble each day, if I'm honest probably because I'm not very consistent. It can be anything from a two hour nap from 12-2 (hurrah!) to a 40 min nap from 11.30 until 12.10 (boo) or two 40 min naps - one in the morning, one in the afternoon, these would usually be in the car. I'm finding it hard to judge when is best to put him down, actually, and also to fit this in with doing stuff during the day.

He does definitely sleep much better in his cot and if he sleeps after 3.30pm, we have problems getting him for sleep at his normal bedtime (7.30pm).

Having said all of that, he does usually sleep fairly well at night - although early waking can sometimes be an issue.

NaptimeRocks Thu 17-Sep-09 12:54:49

BTW, PurlyQueen - do you always arrange your day around the nap? What do you do if you are out and about for the whole day or do you not do this?

PurlyQueen Thu 17-Sep-09 22:35:28

I must admit that I like to get my son home for his nap - then I know that I'll have some time on my own during the day grin. But if we're out and about, and he doesn't get his nap, then I put him yto bed half an hour earlier grin.

TettyLouBar Fri 18-Sep-09 20:11:19

Thanks for all your resonses peeps, Its pretty much what I thought you would say. She's going through a transition period. Some days she's tired early in the day and will have a morning nap and and afternoon one. Today she went down at 1115 and woke at 1245 for lunch. Then stayed awake til bed without much drama.

Its just knowing when to change her creche sessions from 12-3pm (currently twice a week) to 9-12pm and then give her lunch before putting her down for nap. I havent tried this yet but I'm nervous, as I dont want to mess the nursery around and keep changing her sessions if it does work out and shes not ready for that yet. hmm

TettyLouBar Fri 18-Sep-09 20:12:19

i meant doesnt work out! oops

NaptimeRocks Sun 20-Sep-09 12:52:58

Yes - that transition period is tricky. I find it hard judging his needs from one day to the next. Purlyqueen - I think you're very wise! I do like my time on my own when he has a good nap at home. Blimey, it pisses me off though when I'm hoping for an hour and a half or more and he wakes up after 40 mins!!

TettyLouBar Sun 20-Sep-09 13:01:53

Well yesterday she woke at 6am and wouldnt resettle (normally wakes at 7:15 ish) so I got up with her and she ended up haveing two naps yesterday, which I thinks was too much as she woke at 5:50 this morning.

So today weve kept her up til 11am and she's still asleep now, but this will be her only nap so hopefully she'll be ready for bed tonight and sleep til 7 tomo.
hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now