Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

1 month old awake between 2 and 4am - help!

(5 Posts)
Nixies Tue 15-Sep-09 11:40:56

i have a 1mo DS who feeds and generally sleeps well, she has become more alert in the last week or so and is generally awake for about 40 mins - 1 hour after a feed. she settles well after 10pm feed, the wakes up around 2 for a feed. then is awake and crotchety and won't settle until about 4am... does anyone have any tips for getting her to settle after this night feed?

ruddynorah Tue 15-Sep-09 11:42:24

is she still hungry?

lilysam Wed 16-Sep-09 06:51:46

I think it just takes them a while to get used to sleeping a lot at night tbh. Is he taking a full feed at 2? Wind?

1 month is very very young. Both my kids did this and was a short phase (won't scare you with their sleep problems as they got older though wink)

helpivegottogivebirth Wed 16-Sep-09 06:58:31

this happened to us. It's a phase I'd imagine. By eight weeks she was virtually sleeping through the night.

againandagain Wed 16-Sep-09 11:27:59

We are having kind of the same issues. How well supported is the veiws on growth spurts at one month causing them to being extra hungry and restless?? Just thought it may be interesting to see if anybody thinks it is a factor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now