Talk

Advanced search

Did anyone else stop sleeping in pregnancy?

(8 Posts)
TS123 Mon 14-Sep-09 12:24:29

Hi,
This is my third pregnancy and something seems to happen to me toward the end of the second trimester: I stop sleeping. I usually sleep 8 hours per night (when the kids allow!) but in the last week, that has dropped to 5 or 6. I'm certainly more tired for it, but it doesn't seem to lead to any catch-up sleep. It isn't related to being uncomfortable yet, although I do have to get up to urinate twice per night (and often, if that second time is after 4:30am, I won't get back to sleep). Is this common? I think part of it is stress, because I feel more anxious in general - but I don't know which is chicken and which is egg (perhaps I'm feeling anxious because I'm constantly sleep deprived). Any thoughts?

RuthChan Mon 14-Sep-09 19:49:54

I too found that I slept less well despite being tired. Personally, I put it down to a combination of needing the loo and my body getting in practice for living on less sleep. I hope you can find a way to rest enough before the baby's born.

giddykipper Mon 14-Sep-09 19:54:37

I slept terribly in the last trimester, to the extent that I stopped work earlier than planned as I was just too tired. I spent the last month napping in front of Jeremy Kyle!

FlappyTheBat Mon 14-Sep-09 20:00:43

As soon as I saw a +ve result, it was goodbye to a decent nights sleep!

Would have no problems getting to sleep but would usually wake up after only 1-2 hours and that was it until about 4-5am.

mcflumpy Mon 14-Sep-09 21:52:27

yup me too, up at 3.30 am evrey day, just in time for 'bringing home baby' to start on sky at 4am, usually got tired around 6 when i had to get up for work....

CarGirl Mon 14-Sep-09 21:54:29

yes I used to look forward to the having a newborn to get up to at night I slept so much better then.

echofalls Mon 14-Sep-09 21:56:33

yes especially with my third and last pregnancy. It went away when the baby arrived. I used to get up and have a bath sometimes 3 times during the night. My sleep is still the first thing to go when I am stressed now.

TS123 Mon 14-Sep-09 22:18:23

Wow, OK. So it happens. Thank you all for your responses - it helps me not to get worried about it since that only makes the insomnia worse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now