Talk

Advanced search

how to make a cot cosier?

(3 Posts)
bethdivine Sat 12-Sep-09 20:41:54

DD, 5mo sleeps in a gro-bag. Are there any ways to make her cot cosier rather than her going straight down onto a sheet? we've got flanelette in there, but it's still not that cosy - are there any blanket-y things that are safe for babies to sleep on, given that she's in a gro-bag already, or is it the risk of her over heating even though only her head is on the blanket?

She was a fairly good sleeper (at night at least, would settle herself to sleep, and was only waking once for a feed, then straight back to sleep) until she reached the 4month sleep hell. Now she's dependent on the boob to get to sleep, every time I try and rouse her slightly to put her in the cot she makes the most horrendous noise and wakes everytime I put her back in the cot. I can cope with the middle of the night wakings by co-sleeping, as she settles straight away the minute she's next to me, but I really desperately want her to learn to settle again at bedtime, so she goes down in the cot at the start of the night, giving me a chance of at least an hour to myself in the evening before starting the night shift!

nannynick Sat 12-Sep-09 20:55:25

Flanelette on it's own is fine. Don't use anything else as you have already identified, some other material may cause over heating.

FSID: Safe Sleep for Babies

bethdivine Sat 12-Sep-09 21:11:26

yeah, thought I was clutching at straws really, having been through this once already with DS.thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now