Talk

Advanced search

Help - 21 month old doesn't want to nap! Her pg mummy desperately wants her to!

(5 Posts)
Minicooper Thu 10-Sep-09 19:34:23

My 21 mo dd currently has a cold and has had 2 non- napping bouts in the past 10 days. It has left both her and me feeling very grumpy! Please tell me its the cold - it must be too early for her to be dropping her nap isn't it??? I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddd that short break in my day! Have tried pushing her round in the buggy for an hour, but nothing. Please help!

Pyrocanthus Thu 10-Sep-09 20:30:54

Will she have a cuddle with you in bed so you can nap together? That worked for me. It might be the cold - it doesn't take much to disrupt a routine sometimes.

NellyTheElephant Sat 12-Sep-09 20:37:32

My DD1 kept napping until 2.7, but not a bit of it with DD2. She stopped around 22 months and that was that. I was pg too....... I longed for her to nap. Like Pyrocanthus suggests I would sometimes take to my bed with DD2 (on days when DD1 was at nursery) or with both of them when DD1 was there too, cuddle and snooze, which they both enjoyed (maybe 15 / 20 mins max) and pile books on the bed which I would sleepily read while lying prone. It did help me a bit just to be lying down.

MummyElk Sat 12-Sep-09 20:39:58

what does she do if you leave her? can you put some books and toys in with her to keep her company? then you can still nap?
my DD seems to quite like being on her own for a bit...once she's stopped complaining hmm

Indith Sat 12-Sep-09 20:42:51

Ds decided not to nap at that age when I was pg (he picked his naps up again after I had dd so all is not lost!). I used to sit him in front of cbeebies around 2 when he seemed to need a bit of a rest even if he wouldn't nap and then I'd fall asleep on the sofa. When I woke up again he'd often have turned the TV off and got his toys out, he used to give me some very patronising "oh look mummy oyu fell asleep again" looks grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now