Talk

Advanced search

4 month old - restless, constant rolling over, stratching head face ears

(3 Posts)
littleweed10 Thu 10-Sep-09 19:12:42

Help! we were v excited 2 weeks ago. DS rolled over onto tummy. And he does it constantly, but he can't roll back...

For the first 2 hours, he usually sleeps soundly. Then around 10 pm (only 3 weeks ago he slept til around 3am!) he wakes with a scream, usually as he is stuck on his tummy. After we manage to settle him (usually with milky cuddle), he is so restless in his sleep for the rest of the night, tossing turning, madly stratching his face and head so much so we have had to resort to mitts.

And we are utterly sleep deprived. He rolls over in sleep, screams as he can't get back on his front, won't settle on his front or his back.

I then have to usually feedhim (EBF) to calm him down - 5 times in one night this week.

Is he hungry all the time, doe he need to be weaned onto baby rice? he is a big boy - around 17lb and thus far just breast milk. Also wondered if it could be trapped wind... very hard to burp at moment...
We are so sleep deprived, I am at the end of my tether. Any words of wisdom?

thisisyesterday Thu 10-Sep-09 22:53:29

he is probably having the infamous 4 month growth spurt!
(tis the reason so many people wean early)

it's fine to just keep feeding him, if he is growing he needs lots of calories, so milk is just the job. hope it settles down soon

littleweed10 Fri 11-Sep-09 08:25:59

argh the 4 month growth spurt...! maybe so, hopefully my (now sore) boobs will catch up soon...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now