Talk

Advanced search

11 week old and sleep

(7 Posts)
pop1973 Thu 10-Sep-09 11:53:50

My lo slept through the night last night. Is this normal at this age. I can't remember when the first one did this, he started early at sleeping through the night but don't think it was this early ???

Slept from 7pm until 5.30ish this morning.

Is this right ?

She is breastfed as well, and surprised she didn't wake up for her normal feed at 3am ish this morning.

strawberrie Thu 10-Sep-09 11:56:59

My DD slept through the night (10.30 / 11 ish until 6.30/7 ish) from 11 weeks, having all of a sudden dropped the feed she had around 4 am.

Would it make you feel any better to know that at around 18 weeks she decided to revert to a feed (and sometimes two) during the night? grin She's now 21 weeks and still up once at least, most nights... (oh and still exclusively BF too)

pop1973 Thu 10-Sep-09 12:14:36

Well I feed my little one on demand, but she has a feed normally from 6pm - 7pm and goes down. Normally wakes anyime from 2am-4am for a feed but was really strange to go this long at night. Worried now that she hasn't had enough to eat ??

WowOoo Thu 10-Sep-09 12:22:18

Maybe an off night?!

Did yuo wake up thinking when is she goingt to wake or did YOU sleep through too?

Have 10wk old and am toooo tired. But we had a 3hr stretch last night. Good progress!

pop1973 Thu 10-Sep-09 12:27:03

I slept through and heard her wriggle about in her moses basket about 11ish, but she went back off. I don't tend to her wake her at 11ish anyway as I just don't believe in waking them from their sleep if they are sleeping at that time. I would rather let them sleep and wake up when they wake and feed i.e. 3am ish.

I did this with the first one who was ff and found that he was a brilliant and still is sleeper.

What I tend to do is normally feed, put down at 7pm and feed when she wakes up in the night, whatever time. I then change nappy, re-swaddle her and then feed for however long she wants (she normally has a quick 10-15 mins. feed). She goes back to sleep and goes back to bed and then lasts usually till 7am.

It is probably just a one off and it will probaly be different tonight.

Just worried incase I have to get her checked out by the HV ?

StrawberrySam Mon 14-Sep-09 12:12:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Newb Sat 19-Sep-09 22:18:53

DD is BF and until 8 weeks was feeding 8pm, 3am and 7am. Then one night she just dropped the 3am and for the past 3 weeks has gone 8-7 every night, including our first weekend away with her.

Desparately hoping it continues and trying not to be smug in case of bad sleep karma The 7am nappy is partial payback!

I've read that when they're more than 11lb then physiologically can do without a night feed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now