Talk

Advanced search

Why does my ds 10m always cry the minute he opens his eyes?

(6 Posts)
katieskids Sat 05-Sep-09 21:30:05

Will he ever wake up and gurgle and chat? If I am asleep next to him for a daytime nap and he opens his eyes and sees me he will smile. Even before separation anxiety was a factor he never chatted to himself. Can I help him in anyway or is it just his nature. He is such a happy carefree little chap during the day.

choufleur Sat 05-Sep-09 21:31:56

No idea but DS (3.5) never wakes up happy. He doesn't cry anymore mut just loving yells 'mmmmmuuuuuuuummmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' 'MUMMY' .....

Broms Mon 07-Sep-09 06:35:01

Same - DS aged 20 months has always screamed when he wakes up - if there is anything I could do I would - DS is a very early riser and unfortunately just screams til we go in - no amount of books or toys in his bed make any difference. I think for some of our little treasures its just their default button.

lilysam Mon 07-Sep-09 06:38:52

Snap with DS- 18 months of it...its only a couple of times in the last week we've been woken to 'ma ma ma ma ma ma...' DD was so different and woke singing.

Kayzr Mon 07-Sep-09 07:00:25

Same as Choufleur here. DS1 just yells MUMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYY!!! Usually followed by DS2(9mo) crying as he has been woken up.

robino Mon 07-Sep-09 07:05:36

Same here! DD1 must have cried and screamed every morning without fail til she was two. She then taught her little sister to do it when they started sharing a room grin. She's now 2.8 and occasionally wakes up and doesn't cry. And the other day I woke up to the sound of my DDs giggling together for the first time ever - was lovely. And I probably appreciated it more than someone who has one of those mythical gurgling babies wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now