Talk

Advanced search

What age was your LO when they went from cot to bed?

(10 Posts)
Bellared Thu 03-Sep-09 13:16:23

We're thinking of getting DS one for Christmas as he will be 19 months then. He is taking up most of the cot as it is so it may be before then.

Also, which bed did you chose? I've seen a great Thomas the Tank one in Argos but I'm worried DS will smack his face/head on the edges of it.sad

Thanks. smile

Seona1973 Thu 03-Sep-09 13:52:44

dd was just under 2 and was starting to hate the cot. DS was 2 1/2 and happy in his cot till then when he started to get a bit big for it. Both lo's went into single beds rather than toddler beds. DS has this low sleeper bed

Naetha Thu 03-Sep-09 13:55:55

We moved DS into this bed www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/S89829082 at 18 months because he kept on climbing out of the cot, and DC2 was due fairly soon, so we wanted to wean him off the cot before we used it for DC2.

He's now 20 months and sleeping in it like a dream, although we did have a few "teething" troubles at first.

mazzystartled Thu 03-Sep-09 13:59:49

ds 19 months(not my bed ANY-MORE baby sister have it!)
dd 2.5, finally managed to climb out.
they both actually just have single mattresses on the floor, as they both roll about and tend to fall out of bed

lynniep Thu 03-Sep-09 14:28:19

I moved him about 2 months ago (hes 2 and a half now) - was in his cotbed and moved rooms, so set up the cotbed in new room, then after a few weeks I took off the sides and put a bed rail. He's been fine, although leaving the bed rail there for a bit.

IdrisTheDragon Thu 03-Sep-09 14:43:03

DS was nearly 2. DD was not quite so nearly 2. Both went into a toddler bed (DS moved out of it first).

Bellared Thu 03-Sep-09 21:23:04

Thank you so much for your replies. I've seen an extendable bed rail so I'll get that. I like both of those beds! I was thinking maybe some pipe lagging might be a good idea to put round the edges until he get used to it and stops banging his head (when I get one). I've put the single duvet in his cot and he sleeps better under that than in his grobag!?

Hulababy Thu 03-Sep-09 21:31:21

DD was 18m; she hated being in her cot. Toddler bed worked well for her.

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Thu 03-Sep-09 21:38:30

dd 21 months is in a cot bed and last couple of weeks i bought him a junior bed set (changed his room decor from a nursery to a little boys room) and a lindum bed guard with the intention of turning it into a bed

but that coincided with night time waking so hes still in the cot!!

Bellared Fri 04-Sep-09 22:44:44

Thats not good! I've just tackled the night waking so I can sympathise with you, and we thought it was all over!! Good luck getting him sorted!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now