Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got any magic solutions for early waking toddler?

(4 Posts)
Confuzzeled Tue 01-Sep-09 07:31:00

Anyone got any magic solutions for early waking toddler?

Dd 2.5yo up at 5am every morning. It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't up feeding a newborn all night......yawn.

Got the bunny clock but she just ignores it, she won't even go back to sleep in my bed. She goes to sleep really well at 7pm and no longer naps during the day. Am getting really grumpy.

Picante Tue 01-Sep-09 07:36:32

When she wakes has she had enough sleep or does she wake up still tired?

If she's had enough sleep there's not much you can do apart from put her bedtime back a bit. Don't forget clocks go back in October so it will be 4am!!

If she's still tired at 5, try rousing her at 4am - I go in to ds's room and straighten the duvet so he stirs slightly but doesn't wake fully - it's usually enough to change his body clock.

seeker Tue 01-Sep-09 07:41:54

Could she go to bed later?

I had this with my dd, but she is still an early riser at 13. I think some people are just natural larks - I am myself. Dd and I often have to restrain ourselves from crashing about at 6.30 to try to get dp and ds, both confirmed owls, to get up and start the day!

I have to say when I was bf ds and dd was up and about early I found Mr Disney was my best friend.......

Confuzzeled Tue 01-Sep-09 09:21:46

She's still tired when she wakes up and since she doesn't nap during the day anymore she's a grumpy girl by lunch time.

She actually wakes up earlier if I put her to bed later. I know that doesn't seem to make sense but it seems to be the rule with her.

I'll try and tuck her in when ds wakes up for his feed, she's usually got her feet over the headboard by then anyway, she's a very restless sleeper.

Ah yes, Mr Disney, I think we've watched every episode of Mickey Mouse and I'm still waiting for Handy Many and Kelly to get it together

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now