Talk

Advanced search

how do I get my nearly 5 year old to sleep!!

(3 Posts)
onefunkymama Mon 31-Aug-09 21:51:04

Hi All

We have a nice quiet bedtime routine, up to bed between 7 and 8, wash, story, kiss goodnight but here the routine always goes wrong. DS, who is nearly 5 then turns into a wild banshee racing about, disturbing his sister and doing anything other than settling down. Its driving everyone bonkers- what am I doing wrong? Does anyone have any suggestions to help him wind down? I left him to read a book the other day but when I do that he takes it too far and ends up pulling every book he has out and using them as ramps for toy cars.

All suggestions welcome!

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Mon 31-Aug-09 21:57:59

I wish I could be of help but if you find a way please tell me and the dd's friends mums because we are all having the same bedtime nightmare with all our f 5 year olds.
Was round at a friends tongiht her dd and my dd are in the same class I left at 9 her dd still not alseep got back home my dd still not alseep. Driving me barmy.

onefunkymama Mon 31-Aug-09 22:00:26

Glad its not just me- that makes me feel a tiny bit better. He's never been a great sleeper but the more tired he gets the worse he behaves and its a vicious circle. Someone help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now