Talk

Advanced search

how do I get my nearly 5 year old to sleep!!

(3 Posts)
onefunkymama Mon 31-Aug-09 21:51:04

Hi All

We have a nice quiet bedtime routine, up to bed between 7 and 8, wash, story, kiss goodnight but here the routine always goes wrong. DS, who is nearly 5 then turns into a wild banshee racing about, disturbing his sister and doing anything other than settling down. Its driving everyone bonkers- what am I doing wrong? Does anyone have any suggestions to help him wind down? I left him to read a book the other day but when I do that he takes it too far and ends up pulling every book he has out and using them as ramps for toy cars.

All suggestions welcome!

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Mon 31-Aug-09 21:57:59

I wish I could be of help but if you find a way please tell me and the dd's friends mums because we are all having the same bedtime nightmare with all our f 5 year olds.
Was round at a friends tongiht her dd and my dd are in the same class I left at 9 her dd still not alseep got back home my dd still not alseep. Driving me barmy.

onefunkymama Mon 31-Aug-09 22:00:26

Glad its not just me- that makes me feel a tiny bit better. He's never been a great sleeper but the more tired he gets the worse he behaves and its a vicious circle. Someone help!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: