Talk

Advanced search

14 month old waking in night and not resettling for hours!

(3 Posts)
jules43 Mon 31-Aug-09 10:58:54

Hoping someone out there may have some advice..

My son has always woken at least once in the night, he still has a bottle of milk at night as wont drink any during the day, or before bed. He used to wake have his bottle and go back to sleep, now however he seems unable to settle at all. He doesnt cry at first just chats plays for an hour or so, them gets frustrated as he cant get off and is tired.

I give him teething powders, sometimes nurofen as he may have something going on in the teething department. He is not a great eater but is a good weight, he just doesnt eat much.

So I am up and down for 4 to 4 hours at night trying to settle him, he never sleeps in my bed as he is not interested, and he goes in his cot fine then shuffles and faffs about in there for ages then gets all stroppy and starts wailing, standing and shouting me!

Any advice would be appreciated

Mamulik Mon 31-Aug-09 12:41:27

Give him some water when he wake up again

livster Wed 02-Sep-09 00:44:47

jules - i hear you, my 13 month old is the same except she goes to sleep at 6.30 and wakes at 9pm, 12pm, 3pm and 5 pm every night - each time it is hard to settle her and i've tried everything. this has been going on for months and isn 't getting any better. I think the only thing to do now is get professional help even if it seems expensive and disappointing to have to. i have tried everythng, am pregnant again, depresssed and at the end of my tether. I give milk in the night too and i have to say I think this is the wrong thing to do - although i do it out of desperation. I think we would be advised to stop this practice... anyway good luck my friend

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now