Talk

Advanced search

Early mornings with 3.5 yr old

(3 Posts)
Effjay Fri 28-Aug-09 10:04:50

My 3.5 year old wakes consistently between 5.30 and 6am. He climbs into our bed and sometimes falls asleep, but mostly not. He goes down at 7pm and is usually asleep by 7.30pm. He's been doing this for the past year and a half. There are three layers of black-out in his room and it's virtually pitch black all night. I don't think there's much I can do about this other than put him to bed later which I don't really want to do. He has a 20 min nap after lunch some days, which I'm trying to drop. If anyone has any ideas, I'd like to hear...

Seona1973 Fri 28-Aug-09 12:12:55

when ds (2.9years) comes through too early he is taken back to his room and told he can come back when his digital clock says 7:00. This worked well when dd (5.9years) was younger too although we did use fairy lights on a timer for a while before we used the alarm clock. DS is in bed for 7.30pm and dd is in hers for 7.45pm.

alison56 Sun 30-Aug-09 21:12:47

my dd has also responded well to the digital clock thing (did this from 3.5 years after a while of fairy lights on timer).

She got rewards for waiting until 7.00 (we did a star chart but she doesn't need that now).

I sometimes set out playmobil as a "scene" to give her something to do. We are also going to buy her a desk as she likes sitting in our study making cards and writing stuff.

TBH she has just learned to work the TV and DVD player so now comes downstairs and sorts herself out.

Unfortunately we have to do it all again as we have a 10 week old baby...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now