Talk

Advanced search

omg... just dr karped my 6-week old

(16 Posts)
thelollipoplady Thu 27-Aug-09 16:41:39

saw this and tried it on my hard to settle overtired 6 week old. It worked like baby voodoo. He was asleep in minutes.

Try it on yours!! Go on it's amazing!

SpawnChorus Thu 27-Aug-09 16:43:42

Oh God I remember watching that when DD was a few weeks old...it worked SO well!

thelollipoplady Thu 27-Aug-09 16:46:40

it was like an off switch! I can't believe it... to think I've had 6 weeks without this!! not to mention my 2 older children....

4andnotout Thu 27-Aug-09 16:48:09

I have to do the shushh thing to my dd4 who is now 10 months, it always sends her straight back to sleep, makes me feel a bit dizzy though grin

PinkTulips Thu 27-Aug-09 16:54:45

wonder does it work with a 6 month old? hmm

pity i didn't hear about that 4.5 years ago for dd, although she had reflux so was possibly in the 2% it wouldn't work for knowing my luck, have memories of doing similar with no success

thelollipoplady Thu 27-Aug-09 16:59:24

dunno ... try it!

it's supposed to replicate experience in the womb. worth a try, even though i can't imagine holding a 6 month old along my arm on their side like he does with a new baby! grin

PinkTulips Thu 27-Aug-09 17:04:20

just did, no joy, he just looked confused and angry hmm

although i couldn't get him swaddled properly as he was thrashing about so much so maybe i just did it wrong grin

mumcah Thu 27-Aug-09 21:16:36

I read his book,fantastic and really worked.

SheWillBeLoved Thu 27-Aug-09 21:23:27

Looks absolutely amazing shock definitely be giving it a try! Looks far too easy to work though, having tried everything I can think of to stop DD crying, no man is about to come into my life and tell me that all I have to do is swaddle, shake and SHHH! envy grin

onehitwonder Thu 27-Aug-09 21:23:53

I have used his techniques this time round with DS who is now 11 weeks. It does really work. DS is a real shouter, he doesn't do quiet crying, and this has really saved our sanity. With our DD who is now 4, we couldn't work out how to calm her when she got really overwrought and resorted to crying it out on the advice of our health visitor (please don't flame me - I know better now!!!). So glad to be able to calm DS down with these gentle techniques.

I would recommend a good read of the Karp book to any pg woman.

Pink tulips, sometimes it just won't work if something like the swaddle isn't right, and it can take a bit of time to work out the right level of shushing etc for your baby.

PinkTulips Thu 27-Aug-09 21:29:34

He did stop and listen to the shushing for a second, and i calmed him later on when he bumped his head with just shushing so i think i'll have to practice my swaddling techniques and give it a go.... would be great as he's started waking up crying every time he hits light sleep at night and gets hysterical if not fed, would love a nice gentle way to calm him down and help him get back to sleep

OldLadyKnowsNothing Thu 27-Aug-09 21:49:16

Thanks for this, I just bought the DVD for my DS/DIL(ish)/DGS.

Montifer Thu 27-Aug-09 21:52:04

That looks amazing, wish we'd known about it during our 12 weeks of colicky baby experience.

thelollipoplady Fri 28-Aug-09 08:18:18

here's a scary swaddle that no baby's going to wriggle out of. The mum's pretty scary too...

thelollipoplady Fri 28-Aug-09 08:21:06

Just have to report - got baby down to sleep at 7 and just now for morning nap with the swaddle, shushing and jiggling - worked perfectly every time.

Swaddled baby in the night and every time he woke up unsettled (ie not at feed times), rewrapped him and put him back - AND HE WENT BACK TO SLEEP!!

I'm going to buy this guy's book...

Mistymoo Fri 28-Aug-09 08:35:50

Wow - that was amazing. Will def get that book and put into practice the 5 s's when my new bean comes along. Why did I not know that 9 yrs ago with my first!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now