Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone suffer insomnia a week before they are due on there period?

(2 Posts)
hayleybop Thu 27-Aug-09 11:22:21

Hi, I had my first period after DD2 was born last month. Great I had 18 months of no period, due to pregnancy and breastfeeding. I am still breast feeding but not as much as I think she isnt interested anymore.
For the past three nights DD2 has woken me up at 1.30am and I have found it hard to settle back to sleep. I am due on my period next week. I dont feel stressed or anxious, I feel really hot, achy abdominal pains....I just cant settle, I am fully awake and have lots of energy..
Just bought some well women tablets, evening primrose and star flower...
Anyone else had similar experience. I think it is my bloody hormones...god i am only 34 what is it going to be like when I'm 50?

Joolsiam Thu 27-Aug-09 11:30:09

I get this all the time - am TTC and always start wondering if the insomnia is PG related, which makes things worse !

For me, it is the body temperature rise that wakes me up all hot and sweaty (bloody progesterone !) and then I am wide awake. It goes as soon as my period starts (am 39)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now