Talk

Advanced search

8 weeks old - sleeping patterns degrading rapidly - help!!!!

(8 Posts)
StrawberrySam Mon 24-Aug-09 21:41:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thisisyesterday Mon 24-Aug-09 21:44:14

it's probably just a phase, perhaps she is having a growth spurt and needs more milk

do you co-sleep? that can help a lot with the nocturnal baby i found

StrawberrySam Mon 24-Aug-09 21:52:34

ches Tue 25-Aug-09 13:13:58

DS had outgrown swaddling by 2 weeks shock but then by that stage he was about 11 lb so quite a strapping lad. Definitely a growth spurt, but also a bit of getting older and being able to see/hear/experience more of the world around her. It's v. normal (typical) for an 8 week old to fall asleep feeding and want cuddled to sleep. (Or all the time, really.)

trixie123 Tue 25-Aug-09 14:16:58

was just told by my HV that swaddling isn't advised cos of overheating and therefore she couldn't show me how to do it properly - irritating cos I think it would help my 3 week old to sleep longer. Anyone else being told this?

StrawberrySam Tue 25-Aug-09 16:02:11

trixie123 Tue 25-Aug-09 21:17:00

thanks, that's really what my instinct is telling me so we'll give it a go tomorrow. miraculously DS seems to have gone down now for 2hrs! a record for this time of day - we'll probably pay for it later tonight though!

pippa251 Wed 26-Aug-09 09:32:59

I put a similar therad on here about my 5 week old who simply refused to sleep anywhere other than my chest- Some angel then advised me to elevate one end of the moses basket where her head is incase she had wind / reflux issues- i have a different daughter- 2 nights running and we've not had a problem - 6 hour blocks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now