Talk

Advanced search

somebody make my 16mo sleep please!!!

(5 Posts)
Alithescally Sat 22-Aug-09 20:49:43

Hi guys

I am a sleep deprived mum of 3, none of my kids have slept well.

my 16mo dd goes to bed no trouble but wakes 4 to 5 times a night, I have tried to be tough we never pick her up or speak to her just lie her down put her dummy in and walk out, she has one bottle at about 3am.

please help we have tried CC but nothing works

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Heated Sat 22-Aug-09 21:11:56

Do you think she's waking up to find her dummy, can't find it and gets distressed? Ds1 started doing waking up for his at 9months and so it was bye bye to the dummy; my SIL did the opposite and sewed a whole series of dummies to a muslin cloth so her ds was never far from one!

hf128219 Sat 22-Aug-09 21:14:22

Do you think she needs the bottle at 3am? Maybe cut it out?

Heated Sat 22-Aug-09 21:21:31

Yes, at 16m she should be able to go through the night without feeling hungry, is the 3am bottle more for comfort do you think?

ches Sun 23-Aug-09 02:21:37

I don't think the 3am bottle makes the slightest difference either way. Dummy maybe. Development probably. Teething quite likely. Problem is if it's teething the dummy is helping sooth it, so taking it away may be counter-productive. My DS was waking 4-5 times a night until past 2 yrs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now