Talk

Advanced search

OMG - my early riser is now sleeping til 7.30

(6 Posts)
janx Fri 21-Aug-09 20:15:57

My 20 month old has for months and months woken at 5/5.30....because he shares a room, we had to get him up as he was disturbing his sister. Anyway me and dp were going insane with tiredness, so we have moved dd in with us and lo and behold he is sleeping so much better- its made such a difference...but we do have dd in with us which isn't ideal, but blimey we are like a new family. Ds is much happier. Just wanted to share a positive story smile

shootfromthehip Fri 21-Aug-09 20:18:49

Congrats on the revised sleeping arrangements- we had it the other way around DS was getting up early to see his sister and we put them in the same room et voila- no more 5am starts.

Unfortunately several months down the line and we are going to split them up- she has just started sschool and he won't leave her alone to go to sleep. Trial and error eh!

janx Fri 21-Aug-09 20:21:38

We were trying to sort it before dd starts schoolsmile....What I would do for a 3 bedroom place grin

LPCCharlie Sat 19-Sep-09 06:32:01

I am going crazy with my 5, nearly 6 year old who is going to bed around 7-7.30 and has just started waking at 5.15 on the dot every morning. She then wakes me and my 3 year old as she shares a room with him. Putting her to bed later seems to make no difference. She is just more tired. help! My husband is away a lot, i am studying and absolutely exausted....any ideas, please pop them over

tenacityflux Mon 21-Sep-09 21:57:16

I have no idea if this would work for you as my DD is only 1, but I read this for older kids - tell them the sleep fairy is in town, and she rewards kids who sleep all night with little gifts at breakfast, but it will only happen if they sleep/stay quiet until mum tells them. If they do they get a little gift, if not they don't, and when it's happening more and more, say she's moving to the next town but will pop back to check, and do a gift from time to time. Might work?

pinkteddy Mon 21-Sep-09 22:00:54

LPC is the room dark enough? With a nearly 6 year old you should be able to reason with them - have you tried sticker charts or a clock in the room so they know its not time to get up yet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now