Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had success in night weaning 9 month old when they also have a toddler sleeping next door?

(6 Posts)
hayleybop Thu 20-Aug-09 12:42:30

Trying to night wean, well I am so bloody tired I just shove the boob in my DD2 mouth, pull her off and pat her to slepp...but I'm getting tired of it now, if you resent it change I think, however I know that there will be alot of crying involved and a few sleepless nights, I not doing CC just gradual method.
DD2 who is 2.5 is next door I dont really want her to wake up...as she cry's very loudly...
I'm just gona have to give it a go and if they both are screaming I will have to deal with it then...
Anyone else had same situation?

izzybiz Thu 20-Aug-09 18:41:19

Not quite the same, but I have been doing CC with Ds2 who is 10 months.
I was worried he would wake Dd who is in the next room, (she is 5) But she hasn't woken atall, and he has really given it some on the first few nights!

He is sleeping through now, and I'm hoping to put them in the same room soon!

It might not be as bad as you think it will be, they tend to pick the new routine up quite quickly, good luck!! grin

Spoo Thu 20-Aug-09 18:43:27

My DS1 NEVER wakes up with DS2 cries even when they are sharing a bed. I wouldn't worry about your DD1.

hayleybop Fri 21-Aug-09 14:35:32

izzybiz, how many nights have you been doing CC? How long have you left them to cry for?. May resort to this, know some people dont agree with it but it worked with DD1 sort of did abit of everything with her...she slept through at 10 months...
DD1 sleeps through mostly but strangly been waking up the odd night crying quietly, thats why I am worrid..

izzybiz Sat 22-Aug-09 18:13:08

We have been doing it for 2 weeks, we noticed an improvement after the first night.

I put him to bed awake but sleepy, left him for 5 mins, went in led him down and shushed him then left him for 10 mins, did the same again, then left him for 15 mins, which is the longest I would leave him for, he went to sleep in the first 15 min cry.

After a few days he was settling straight away and sleeping for 8 hours in one stretch, For the past 5-6 nights he has slept straight through.

Hasn't upset him in the slightest, he cried out of anger more tha upset, now he is happier in the day, has 2 naps a day, we are all better off! grin

He even stayed at his Nans last night, I was a bit concerned that it would break the new routine but he slept through there too.

I think oyur Dd1 will be fine, like I say mine never wakes up when Ds2 cries, I think once they are properly asleep thats it!

hayleybop Sat 22-Aug-09 20:09:44

Thanks izzybiz thats incouraging to know. I will have to sort it out as mine wakes up 2-3 times a night, I left her to cry last night and then went in and rubbed her back, she settled o.k but when she woke up again I had been deep sleeping so was on auto pilot and fed her!!!bummer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now