Talk

Advanced search

Help! 7.5mo waking 2 hourly at night!

(5 Posts)
BarrelOfMonkeys Wed 19-Aug-09 11:40:48

DD has reverted to newborn style sleep patterns and I don't want to do Cry It Out but starting to get desperate.

Her routine is fairly regular - naps at 10am-11.30/12noon and then 2.30-3.30 daily. Bedtime is 7pm-7.30pm. She wakes for the next day around 6.45. The bit in the middle is completely haywire though.

We did have some good weeks of only two feeds a night around 5 months old, and one night last week of a feed at 10.30 and then no more food til 4.30, although she was still awake 3 times between them with what I thought may have been wind as picking her up and patting got her back down again. That's a one-off though.

More typically, like last night, she wakes every two hours and won't settle until she gets the bottle. And she only takes 60ml or so, so I doubt she is actually hungry, but patting/backrubbing just doesn't fix it.

One thing I have noticed is that she tends to adopt a position of head on matress, knees drawn up and bum in the air, so I had thought it was wind, but then would she be windy all night?

We've been weaning for a month now (BLW) and I haven't spotted any correlation between food types and sleep/wind particularly. Idid have the No Cry Sleep Solution but I lent it to a friend a month back and haven't got it back yet.

Have to go out shortly but will be back later - thanks in advance for any help.

Roomfor2 Wed 19-Aug-09 11:45:44

Had similar at about 9mths with DD - grazing through the night and not wanting milk during the day. Decided enough was enough and stopped offering milk during the night, offered water instead, and yes, did have to let her cry it out once or twice (only lasted about 10-15 mins). But after about 4 nights she got the message that milk was not coming at night anymore, and started feeding better in the day and sleeping through the night.

Can't comment on the wind issue, but my DD sleeps with bum in the air like that now (2.6) and I think a lot of babies do - just confortable I guess!

BarrelOfMonkeys Wed 19-Aug-09 16:51:45

Thanks, we may try the water option. Interesting your DD sleeps with her bum in the air, maybe that's not linked to her waking then...

ches Thu 20-Aug-09 04:33:19

That position is called "Childs Pose" in yoga because just about all children sleep in it. DS is 2.5 and still sleeps like that part of the night.

Roomfor2 Thu 20-Aug-09 09:39:19

My DD's cousin has always slept like it. Definitely normal!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now