Talk

Advanced search

Please can someone help me remove this giant rod from my back?

(3 Posts)
you Tue 18-Aug-09 16:35:09

DD is 21 weeks and we've set up so many bad sleeping habits already sad. I'm getting such little rest it's driving me mad and poor DH can barely concentrate at work.

Firstly, she has never really napped anywhere but in a sling. I don't mind this so much in theory, but she likes being in the cradle position, and despite being a skinny minnie, she's getting too long now. She does also nap in the car, but I don't drive so that's not an option most of the time!

We also use a dummy for sleep (night and naps) and the last 2 or 3 weeks we've been going through the lovely routine of waking every hour or so throughout the night for it to be popped back in. I don't have a problem with her having a one per say but it seems to be causing her more problems than it's worth really.

I rock her to sleep every night, for up to 20 mins blush

We occasionally co-sleep and I'm willing to do this more often when we take other comforts away like her dummy, but really don't want that to turn into yet another habit.

She will only go to sleep at night with me sad (will nap in the day for whoever puts the sling on!). This is one of our biggest problems I think, but I'm willing to leave it till last to sort out. She won't even sleep for DH and will scream and cry continously until I go in for her, then she'll go off imediately.

So.... where from here oh wise MNers?! grin

My main problems that I want to fix are the dummy and sling dependence. I can cope with the rocking to sleep for now (and will get back to you in a few months wink). Should I go cold turkey on the dummy first while she still enjoys the sling, or get her sleeping in a cot first?

TIA!

you Tue 18-Aug-09 16:38:25

Oh, and she does also still have a night feed, which is fine and we don't mind waking for- just the 50X per night dummy runs!

you Tue 18-Aug-09 20:16:39

bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now