Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Light mornings mean early waking!!!

(16 Posts)
bambino1 Fri 27-May-05 11:40:08

My 9 month old dd has got into the habit of when the sun comes up then she will get up. Every morning at around 5am i'm up with her at the moment. I am so tired all the time and don't know what to do.

Mel06 Fri 27-May-05 11:55:12

Hi there. My DD is 11mths and was doing exactly the same. She now has a black out blind and black out curtain linings. I also block out the sides of the windows to stop the light coming in. It improved after day1 and she now goes to at least 6 - 6.30am. Good Luck.

bambino1 Fri 27-May-05 11:58:37

Where could i get one of those from?

Mel06 Fri 27-May-05 12:14:13

Anywhere that sells curtains or blinds. You can get quite cheap ready made black out blinds from Dunelm Mill Shop and they also sell black out curtain linings. Just buy the hooks and attach them to the existing curtains.

bambino1 Sun 29-May-05 14:56:44

I have found an amazing product for those who have the same problems as me.
The website is www.easyblindsonline.co.uk.
Fantastic design!!!

Gobbledigook Sun 29-May-05 16:59:33

Last night we stuck black card over all the window panes in the ds's bedroom - the room is now pitch black and last night for the first time in ages they went to sleep by 8pm! Ds1 got up about 8.30 and ds2 got up at 10am!!!! They have been getting up at 6am. Perfick!

maud Tue 31-May-05 13:36:18

I have also bought blackout blinds from easyblindsonline.co.uk I can make their rooms totally dark in seconds, no light gets in at all - fantastic

Hausfrau Tue 31-May-05 14:14:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bambino1 Wed 01-Jun-05 20:16:36

The easyblind came today!!!! It is brilliant. Just fingers crossed for the morning!!!!!

lapsedrunner Wed 01-Jun-05 20:25:50

Easyblinds look great...except if they seem to be stuck to window frame therefore if you want to leave window open you let light in (very hot here in summer). I have vast continental style tilt opening windows so vast expanse of light . Currently have blackout blinds (not so good on tilt windows!) plus blackout lining over whole window...ds still wakes between 5.30 and 6.00. Housefrau, wish we had your shutters but know what you mean about bird noise.

angelp Tue 14-Jun-05 19:25:56

Those that have bought easyblinds - are they worth the money? I'm not being a skinflint but just went to order and saw they were £27 for our window. Is it possible to buy blackout fabric from material shops and make own or am I being too tight?

acnebride Tue 14-Jun-05 19:27:34

I bought fabric, fabric lining and blackout lining and that cost GBP30.

angelp Wed 15-Jun-05 13:34:02

I think I may just buy the lining and velcro and cut it out myself. I'm not sure if there is anything more to it - or am I missing something?

RosiePosie Wed 15-Jun-05 14:06:28

That's what I did Angelp. The fabric was about £12 from a curtain shop and the velcro can be bought cheaply from eBay - otherwise it can be pretty pricey.

toothyboy Wed 15-Jun-05 15:24:22

I've used a roll of black matting stuff that is meant for laying under gravel/stones etc in the garden to prevent weeds coming through!!! It's about £2 a roll from most garden centres and a double layer works just fine - ds wakes around 7.30am. Who's the tightest now, angelp?!!

angelp Wed 15-Jun-05 21:09:20

Excellent toothyboy it gets better and better!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now