Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone used night nannies?

(7 Posts)
row78 Sat 15-Aug-09 13:54:39

My son is nearly 8 months old and his sleep is just getting worse and worse. Now he likes to stay awake for upto 3 hours in the middle of the night and just will not settle. I try feeding him, rocking him, everything, he just wants to play.

Then the next day he is waking up earlier and earlier and is then knackered all day and refuses to nap well so is all whingy and upset.

I'm getting pretty desperate as I'm ratty all the time and I don't want to be like this around my son. I've seen that night nannies say that they don't leave the babies to cry it out and just wondered if anyone else had used tham and if they would reccomend them or not and if you know what method they used? Their website is:

http://www.night-nannies.com/

hayleybop Sat 15-Aug-09 15:07:26

I want one!

row78 Mon 17-Aug-09 10:13:03

tell me about it, hayley. I just want someone to say they were great first before I entrust my precious son with them :-)

just bumping to see if anyone has used them...

squeaver Mon 17-Aug-09 10:17:22

Don't know them but I do know lots of people who have used maternity/night nannies and had good success with them.

It is best to go with a personal recommendation I believe so that the nanny works for you as well as the baby. There are a couple of night nannies on MN. f you post in the nannies/childminders topic, you'll be able to find them I'm sure.

row78 Thu 20-Aug-09 10:57:44

Thanks, squeaver, that's great. I'll check out that folder later.

SparkyToo Sat 29-Aug-09 20:38:00

Yes I've used them and they were really super. Well worth it!

row78 Tue 01-Sep-09 11:30:25

Thanks sparky. Can you remember how many nights it took and also what kind of method they used?

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now