Talk

Advanced search

Success using wake to sleep?

(4 Posts)
westlondonmumof2 Sat 15-Aug-09 10:25:02

I am going to try the BW wake to sleep method to extend DD2, 15 weeks, 45 min naps. Would love to hear from anyone who has used this method, whether it helped, and if so any hints or tips on timing the stirrings (DD wakes on the dot at 45 mins, sometimes only after 30 mins). many thanks in advance.

rubyslippers Sat 15-Aug-09 14:39:18

i think she is too young for wake to sleep which is for clockwork wakings & usually early mornings

try to swaddle her and put her down earlier - this will probably break the short nap cycle

bigchris Sat 15-Aug-09 14:43:25

we just used to take them out in the pram and then once asleep let them sleep in the garden in the summer under a tree, or bring the pram into the porch or kitchen
naps in the cot only happened for us when they were on three meals a day
you could also try the car and then carry them in once deeply asleep? still sometimes works with my almost three year old, she carries on sleeping on the sofa!!

hayleybop Sat 15-Aug-09 15:03:19

Yeah i agree, think she is to young. It's her natural sleep pattern, 45 mins sounds about right...It's when they are 1 or 1.5 they start sleeping longer as they usually just have one nap, but at this age they have 3 or 4 naps through out the day...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now