Talk

Advanced search

Where can I buy ready-made lined curtains for a child's room?

(12 Posts)
smurfmother Thu 13-Aug-09 09:52:46

Ds is waking up at dawn as his flimsy curtains don't keep out the light. I want some ready-made lined curtains (to fit tracking), but don't know where to get them. The window is too wide for the Ikea ones (and they are all tab top anyway). Are there any other chains that do them?

Ponders Thu 13-Aug-09 10:01:14

I think Next might. Will have a look!

Ponders Thu 13-Aug-09 10:05:09

They do pencil pleat lined but only in plain colours or living room type designs - kids' curtains are all tab top. Would plain do?

pencil pleat

Ponders Thu 13-Aug-09 10:18:06

Or La Redoute have individual blackout liners here - 140cm per curtain, £19 each.

nancy75 Thu 13-Aug-09 10:20:12

laura ashley do them, but tbh you really need special black out lining or a black out blind underneath.

smurfmother Thu 13-Aug-09 10:22:54

Really useful, thanks.

Ponders Thu 13-Aug-09 10:31:57

My DS has Next lined ones in his room & they do cut out light really well - the lining fabric is very tightly woven thick cotton, & it looks from the image as if the curtain fabric is thicker now too. Mind you his are black, which probably helps!

JJ1471 Thu 13-Aug-09 13:36:01

We bought some from Paul Simon, they were very reasonably priced and had a range of sizes. We bought ready made black out lined curtains for the nursery (they are dark blue which helps too), and for our room we bought ready made curtains and ready made blackout curtains separately and hung them together on the same pole. Both work well although some light still comes in around the edges - you do need the track to be fitted as close to the wall as possible. Hope this helps!

IslandIsla Thu 13-Aug-09 15:56:50

I have used John Lewis readymade blackout lining behind normal curtains. They just hook on to a track using the same hooks as your curtains and do the job well. So you can use your existing curtains just add the lining behind them.

InTheZenGarden Thu 13-Aug-09 21:44:47

We got made-to-measure ones from Dunelm Mill, good value I think. They do ready made ones which are probably cheaper, but they didn't fit our windows....

hth

InTheZenGarden Thu 13-Aug-09 21:46:00

Oh, and Dunelm Mill do the blackout linings that IslandIsla mentioned, you just thread the curtain hooks through them

ballancedlr Sun 07-Apr-13 18:20:38

The best website for me is still eBay . Somehow everything is so convenient there and you can always trust you are getting a great deal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now