Talk

Advanced search

5am wake up by 10mo dd - do I offer bottle at this horrible hour?

(9 Posts)
titferbrains Wed 12-Aug-09 10:08:10

DH checked on DD this morning when she woke at 5am again, and he says she was half asleep, and he could hear her tummy rumbling - so maybe she is waking at 5am because she's hungry.

Up till now I've tried to wait till 6.30 at least before I get her upto feed her, because I don't want her to get used to being fed any earlier. I am struggling with the mornings as it is! But do you think she'll go back to sleep if she has a feed at 5am? Grateful if any experienced mums could tell me what they think.

ChocOrange05 Wed 12-Aug-09 11:36:33

DS usually gooes back to sleep if I feed him at this time, as long as its in the dark and a night/sleepy feed. But as he's 9mo and not had a night feed very often for the past 2 months I try everything but feeding him first.

titferbrains Wed 12-Aug-09 17:56:55

thanks choc.

She was kind of whinging this morning but then later in the morning she didn't seem that ravenous. Maybe I'll try feeding tmw anyway.

jammietart Wed 12-Aug-09 19:12:40

If DD wakes before 615 then I feed in the dark and settle her back down and 9 times out of 10 she sleeps until 7-730. If its after 615 then we get up for the day. She is 8 months and has always woken early. My hope in feeding her and settling her back down is that eventually she will sleep later but who knows!

titferbrains Wed 12-Aug-09 19:30:04

cheers jammie. I almost wish I was still bfing (but not quite- no more biting thanks) so it would be easy to do the morning feed but I'd rather give a bottle and get maximum sleep.

Ooh. it's just occurred to me that DH might do it as he gets up around then. A chance for him to have a cuddle as he doesn't usually see her during the week.

will see how I get on with tmw.

Jammie, how much does yr LO take at that time? DD ususally has 200ml in the morning.

titferbrains Wed 12-Aug-09 19:30:06

cheers jammie. I almost wish I was still bfing (but not quite- no more biting thanks) so it would be easy to do the morning feed but I'd rather give a bottle and get maximum sleep.

Ooh. it's just occurred to me that DH might do it as he gets up around then. A chance for him to have a cuddle as he doesn't usually see her during the week.

Jammie, how much does yr LO take at that time? DD ususally has 200ml in the morning.

titferbrains Wed 12-Aug-09 19:30:07

jammietart Wed 12-Aug-09 20:59:32

I give DD a full feed when she first wakes then just breakfast when she is up for the day. We keep a sterilised bottle in our room with a carton of ready made formula and as soon as we hear her we fill the bottle and dash in!
I should add I am in no way an experienced mum! I have a DS too but I don't think he has ever woken before 7am
those were the days.....

Good luck with tmw

titferbrains Wed 12-Aug-09 21:02:32

ok this could work. She currently doesn't eat much brekkie so maybe she'll be hungrier for solids this way.

Will get bottle and milk ready. Sorry for multiple posts btw!

CHEERS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now