Talk

Advanced search

What age start being able to find dummy in sleep?

(6 Posts)
Lovage Thu 06-Aug-09 20:18:50

If your LO goes to sleep with a dummy, what age did they seem to start being able to find it again for themselves in the night? Obviously you might not be able to tell whether they just stopped losing it or started being able to find it again.

And what did you do - just leave lots strewn around the cot, or attach one to their clothes or lovey, or something else?

I'm wondering about trying reintroducing one to my 9mo, but don't want to do it if chances are he'll keep losing it and waking up (which is why I weaned him off it a few months ago). Of course, chances are, he won't take one now anyway, but before I try I thought I'd ask.

mrswill Thu 06-Aug-09 21:04:21

Hello Lovage! i may have the answer to your prayers. I tried weaning my dd off the dummy, we went cold turkey for 4 days, and unusually the screams for it got even worse, so we gave her it back. Although it was attached to what is called a 'sleepytot', which is a cuddly thing with four velcro paws you can place the dummies in, and it makes for easy finding round the cot. We bought two of them, and put glow in the dark dummies on there too blush. Instead of being up fishing under the bed for dummies now, she can find it herself, and ive never had to put one back in her mouth. We're still up at the crack of dawn at the mo mind, as dd likes to start her day very early incase she misses anything. if you type sleepytot in google it should come up with the website, which is basically the name, and .com. Best of luck.

Lovage Fri 07-Aug-09 20:57:32

Thanks - glow in the dark dummies is a great idea! Where do you get them?! Luckily his lovey has (short) ribbons attached, so I'm hoping I'll be able to tie dummies on to that (and possible the spare lovey too).

Sympathy on the early rising. DS2 also likes to start the day at 5.30, and just when I'd managed to break DS1 of the habit.

wellbalanced Tue 11-Aug-09 16:14:15

We have glow in dark avent dummies xx

shhhh Tue 18-Aug-09 20:49:15

ds is 2.6yrs and still wakes wanting his dummy having lost it..hmm.

Oh and we have tried glow in the dark dummies (stop glowing after a while) and attaching the dummy to his gro bag (he just removes it) hmm and we have tried loads of dummies in his cot...he still looses them or wakes...so good luck ! Think ds just wants us to put it into his mouth hmm

Ds (4) is also a night waker (seriously dh & I are climbing the walls..!) but doesn't use a dummy now..can't remember either when she started to find the dummy herself..

shhhh Tue 18-Aug-09 20:49:17

ds is 2.6yrs and still wakes wanting his dummy having lost it..hmm.

Oh and we have tried glow in the dark dummies (stop glowing after a while) and attaching the dummy to his gro bag (he just removes it) hmm and we have tried loads of dummies in his cot...he still looses them or wakes...so good luck ! Think ds just wants us to put it into his mouth hmm

Ds (4) is also a night waker (seriously dh & I are climbing the walls..!) but doesn't use a dummy now..can't remember either when she started to find the dummy herself..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now